Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am not sure if working actually matters, as long as he has an income.
It didn't for me, but that was the PMV followed by 820.

I am also aware of retirees sponsoring partners, so I feel working isn't a criteria.
Thanks again JandE, that working/income part worries him a lot. There are so much things to settle first with his assets before he can commit back to work later if he still really wants to or I can work too so I can help him with little expenses. Do we need to show his bank statement? there's just too much in there:D LOL i will start looking for retirees sponsoring partner forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello there! it gives me hope to your post.. sigh! i will send my visa next year january im still waiting for my new updated ID's to arrived cause as far as i know i need to change my marital status, we are in a Long Distance Relationship we just got married this year and he went back to aus after we got married.how long do we need to be together as husband and wife for us to send my visa? cause some people said that our relationship of being married is short and maybe considered dating? im worried now and a lil confusing.. pls answer, Your attention to my concern will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys and God bless!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Thanks again JandE, that working/income part worries him a lot. There are so much things to settle first with his assets before he can commit back to work later if he still really wants to or I can work too so I can help him with little expenses. Do we need to show his bank statement? there's just too much in there:D LOL i will start looking for retirees sponsoring partner forum.
I supplied my bank statements, and said in one of the statements, that I had retired early, some years previously. I was never questioned on that at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hello, where does it say that you need an updated ID in order to apply for a visa? Immig only needs evidence that you are married. In our case, I submitted our marriage contract, but all my other identification documents (e.g., passport, residence visa in UAE, etc.) and even my lease contract (as evidence of my residential address) were still under my maiden name. Up to now, I haven't changed my name yet into my husband's last name.

In my case, we were married for only 2 months at the time that I applied for the visa. Before that, we were on long distance relationship for almost 9 years. We never really lived together. But then they granted me the permanent visa directly. Someone here said that it's probably because my husband and I were in a committed relationship for more than 3 years before we actually got married.

So, my opinion would be that it doesn't matter how long you have been married as long as you can prove that you are in a genuine relationship, and it is a plus if you were in a committed relationship for a long time.

Btw, I replied to the threat you created - send me a PM, and I can send you samples of how I organized our evidences.

hello there! it gives me hope to your post.. sigh! i will send my visa next year january im still waiting for my new updated ID's to arrived cause as far as i know i need to change my marital status, we are in a Long Distance Relationship we just got married this year and he went back to aus after we got married.how long do we need to be together as husband and wife for us to send my visa? cause some people said that our relationship of being married is short and maybe considered dating? im worried now and a lil confusing.. pls answer, Your attention to my concern will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys and God bless!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good luck!!! I wish that for everyone as well. I know how hard it is to wait for the visa without knowing a clear timeline.

Just try to give as much evidence as you can, but also don't overwhelm the CO with a lot of documents of the same kind. :)

I have read few applicants that they got their PR rather TRv because of their long time relationship plus ample evidences they have provided. I am so much hoping for the same result, if not, im willing to wait..LOL

Reactions: Dooda

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks ampk and JandE, I have printed out 47SP and 40SP form started filling them out so later I can easily encode in immi later. In 40SP,it stated sponsorship financial obligations/assistance and adequate accomodation that would cover for 2 years following the grant of the visa. With the investments he got,really intended for his retirement,when the market turns back good they will all go. JandE, these questionnaires in forms are the same in immi? There are 2 questions , date de facto relationship began and when did you and your partner commit to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others? I answered both with same date,it was the date when we rented a flat and lived together. I checked your previous posts, found out you've forgotten the date of your citizenship grant date. I have asked my partner whe he got his, and ended up looking for it and found the receipt in his old British passport, he and his family travelled here when he was 3 yrs old and arrived when he was 5 years old..LOL , but he just worked on his citizenship way back 1993 when he started working in oil rig.

@WomanOfGod, changing status is an optional. What matters most is to have strong evidence of your genuine relationship. Do you have joint account? We have one in BDO but they require ACR I-card for him. Do you live in the same address? Letters with both of your name, or bills etc. Maybe he can update his centrelink from single to married or maybe not until you get here(not sure about that) They will probably ask for more docs if they are not satisfied.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Don't forget that you need to submit your partner's Australian Citizenship Certificate when you apply.

I checked your previous posts, found out you've forgotten the date of your citizenship grant date. I have asked my partner whe he got his, and ended up looking for it and found the receipt in his old British passport, he and his family travelled here when he was 3 yrs old and arrived when he was 5 years old..LOL , but he just worked on his citizenship way back 1993 when he started working in oil rig.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thnx cookie monster, he doesn't have citizenship cert. in 40 sp, it is asking for the date and proof. We got his receipt which is enough proof i reckon :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Maybe someone more experienced can answer that but this is what I found in some FAQs:

8. What evidence should the sponsor provide regarding Australian citizenship or permanent residence?

As evidence of your sponsor's Australian citizenship you should submit a certified copy of the bio data page of his/her passport, Australian citizenship certificate or Australian birth certificate. If your sponsor is a permanent resident of Australia, please submit a certified copy of his or her passport.

Thnx cookie monster, he doesn't have citizenship cert. in 40 sp, it is asking for the date and proof. We got his receipt which is enough proof i reckon :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yep no worries, he got his australian passport :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Im an Australian citizen, my partner is a Filipino citizen with a working visa in Singapore. We've been together since we were in uni in the Philippines - from 2010. My partner started working in Singapore a year ago, and I recently moved back to Australia early 2016. We plan to settle down in Sydney, so we plan to apply for the offshore partner visa. We looked at the prospective marriage visa, but we don't want to get married just yet. We recently applied to register our relationship in NSW and will get the certificate at the end of Jan 2017. Our issue is, we haven't lived together, but we can easily prove the social and financial context of the relationship. With the financial context, no joint lease or bills, but we can prove in bank statements thay we have shared expenses during travels/holidays.
Once we have the certificate, is it possible to apply for the partner visa, even if the relationship has only been registered for a month, as we can prove we've been together since 2010? Or we need our relationship to be registered for a year before applying for the partner visa?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi Janinea, sorry I'm not the best person to answer your question relating to de facto relationships. Please do check the link below for important guidance on de facto relationships - this would answer your questions! Hope this helps.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/35relationship

Hi,

Im an Australian citizen, my partner is a Filipino citizen with a working visa in Singapore. We've been together since we were in uni in the Philippines - from 2010. My partner started working in Singapore a year ago, and I recently moved back to Australia early 2016. We plan to settle down in Sydney, so we plan to apply for the offshore partner visa. We looked at the prospective marriage visa, but we don't want to get married just yet. We recently applied to register our relationship in NSW and will get the certificate at the end of Jan 2017. Our issue is, we haven't lived together, but we can easily prove the social and financial context of the relationship. With the financial context, no joint lease or bills, but we can prove in bank statements thay we have shared expenses during travels/holidays.
Once we have the certificate, is it possible to apply for the partner visa, even if the relationship has only been registered for a month, as we can prove we've been together since 2010? Or we need our relationship to be registered for a year before applying for the partner visa?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi!! I just got our visa grant today :) yay! Both 309/100 as well.
Lodged 9th of November 2016. Wasnt expecting that we get it less than 3mos! Praise God!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Congrats!!!
Lodged 9th of November 2016. Wasnt expecting that we get it less than 3mos! Praise God!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats!!!! Offshore partner visa application seems quicker than onshore.. did you submit heaps of evidence? :D we will lodge onshore very soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats!!!! Offshore partner visa application seems quicker than onshore.. did you submit heaps of evidence? :D we will lodge onshore very soon.
Yes i think so too, ive ready many offshore grants lately.
Um I tried to do summary evidence per year, with pictures. Even facebook posts, screenshots of convos, mutual friends, financial support evidence and statutory on how our relationship began. :) goodluck on your application! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes i think so too, ive ready many offshore grants lately.
Um I tried to do summary evidence per year, with pictures. Even facebook posts, screenshots of convos, mutual friends, financial support evidence and statutory on how our relationship began. :) goodluck on your application! :)
Yeah,thanks.. when you will fly here? i've got evidence too each month of the year tho mine will be onshore online application. The journey of waiting will begin soon and i will be in onshore 802 thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi dear,i have read your story and its really impressive and amazing!Im currently here in ad as well.i just submitted and paid my 309 application thru immi.Just wanna know few details bout on application since i do not use agent as well.Just wondering if someone will call me for biometrics or should i go get appointment to vfs?i havent submitted the next application which are all about proof and attachements.my husband submitted my application last 20th july 2017.Lookinh forward for your help.lots of thanks!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.