Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
1. If the application was made offshore and he's onshore when they're ready to make a decision on the application, they will ask him to go offshore before a decision is made.

2. No. A bridging visa can be granted if an application for a substantive is lodged onshore (Australia). Since he will apply offshore then he will not qualify for a bridging visa.

3. He can apply but there's no guarantee that it will be granted. He could go offshore and come back to reset the 3 months (although he may be stopped at the border and questioned but personally I was able to reset my 3 month stay 3 times without ever being stopped and questioned but I spent a few months offshore between visits).

Hope this helps :)

· Registered
907 Posts
Thx Raman!!

For point 3, since ETA only valid for 1 year, and he need to apply after expiry. Is it allow to apply the tourist visa again, since his 309 application is still in process?
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

He needs to be offshore to apply for ETA.

What visa does he hold currently? What subclass?

· Registered
907 Posts
He's holding tourist visa, applied thru ETA and it will only valid for 1 year. After expiry, he need to apply ETA again for tourist visa. So is he allow to apply the tourist visa since he will have 309 application in progress at that time? Or he need to stay offshore until 309 approve?
He can apply for ETA again even after lodging an application for the offshore partner visa but there's no way of knowing whether they will grant the ETA again or not.

He has to be offshore to apply for the ETA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.