Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I need some advice about my visa
I am applying partner visa (spouse 309/100) in August 2015 And visa grant on January 2016.

My question is when I am applying permanent visa 100 or department notify me then further processing

Thanks
Mag

·
Registered
814 Posts
What Mania said ^^^

They used to contact people to advise they are eligible for consideration for permanent visa, they no longer do that since last year. The onus is on the applicant to provide evidence of continuing relationship two years after submitting 309 (or 820) application.

If they don't hear from the applicant in a reasonable period of time after becoming eligible, they simply send a refusal letter and give you 28 days to leave the country. You don't want to be in that situation.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for reply but mentioned in visa notice no further documents needed for permanent residency, and department notify me
For clarification it will say no need to apply for the 100. Not that no further documents are required.

Please trust us and have a good read into it, you won't get a notification that it needs doing but you will need to submit a lot more documentation - have a read of the requirements and then get back to us if you have any questions. Alternitvly contact an RMA.

As Tijanaoc said, you don't want to be in the suddenly and unexpectedly refused group, this forum will be much less use to you then then it will be now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply I just confused that "the department will write to u and invite further documents before the date"

But after discussion with u i understand.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, newbie here. Been married for a little over a year and planning to apply for a visa. My dilemna is whether to apply for (1) spouse visa - but I am not confident that we will meet the financial requirement. Since we are apart, we are financial independent from each other and my partner has been in and out of jobs lately. So the appication may take longer. (2) independent skills visa - although i still need to take IELTs and compute my score. But wanted to know if there is such a rule that if your partner is a citizen, spouse visa should be applied for first? Please help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
309/100 spouse visa after jul 2018

Hi! I am from Pakistan and my husband lives in Australia.I have applied for my 309/100 spouse visa on 8 Aug 2018. It been 6+ months already but my application is still in queue. Can someone tell me how long it will take to get any response from Department of Australian immigration ?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi! I am from Pakistan and my husband lives in Australia.I have applied for my 309/100 spouse visa on 8 Aug 2018. It been 6+ months already but my application is still in queue. Can someone tell me how long it will take to get any response from Department of Australian immigration ?
You could be waiting a long time to hear from the department. Global processing times have 75% of applications processed within 11 to 15 months.

Hi, newbie here. Been married for a little over a year and planning to apply for a visa. My dilemna is whether to apply for (1) spouse visa - but I am not confident that we will meet the financial requirement. Since we are apart, we are financial independent from each other and my partner has been in and out of jobs lately. So the appication may take longer. (2) independent skills visa - although i still need to take IELTs and compute my score. But wanted to know if there is such a rule that if your partner is a citizen, spouse visa should be applied for first? Please help.
It might be a good idea to speak with a RMA and make a plan for which path to PR suits you best. There are some that frequent these forums and there is a sticky located here.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Though I have submitted online application still have to wait so long?
All applications are lodged online now, I believe.

But yes, you could possibly be in for a wait of 11-15 months, as per the global processing times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for your reply I just confused that "the department will write to u and invite further documents before the date"

But after discussion with u i understand.

Thanks
The transition to a human less computerized visa system has many inconsistencies. The only thing to be certain about is that everything is up for interpretation and subjective.

They are planning an upgrade to the IT this weekend so will be interesting to see if certain phrases or statements like this are removed.

ImmiAccount will be unavailable on the following dates/times AEDT (GMT+11):
* 5am until 8am Wednesday 28 February 2018
* 8pm Friday 2 March until 9am Saturday 3 March 2018

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.