Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just wanted to know if some applications simply get forgotten and are never picked back up again.

What happens when we upload extra documents are uploaded? Does the CO receive notifications?

In short, should I upload more documents to remind the CO of my pending application?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently uploaded more documents with future travel plans and photos of recent visits. We applied 6 months ago. Haven't had any contact from a CO but i thought it might be useful to add recent information. Not sure if anyone on the other side gets a notification that new documents have been uploaded though..

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I have no idea but I doubt they do (receive notifications). Can you imagine the amount of notifications they'd get for the tens of thousands of applicants every time they uploaded a single document? Pointless, really. I imagine they don't see any of an application until they purposely open up the case to look at it, but that's just my thought on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Given you are only 6 months in though a tad early to believe it's been lost and forgotten.
Never said I believed my application has been lost or forgotten. I was simply sharing what I did for my application in regards to what the OP mentioned about uploading further documentation while the application is still in progress.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me clarify further, I was just wondering how I can get the COs attention without actively writing to them.
We are being represented by an agent and can't even log into our account. Of course, the agent gives us the regular line about the processing times and stuff, but I have noticed that people here have achieved some success with emailing the CO and getting grants soon after.

Given that we have limited options, I wanted to know what happens when new documents are uploaded and whether the COs pay attention.

PS: We know that someone looked at our application because we were asked to provide meds and more info about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let me clarify further, I was just wondering how I can get the COs attention without actively writing to them.
We are being represented by an agent and can't even log into our account. Of course, the agent gives us the regular line about the processing times and stuff, but I have noticed that people here have achieved some success with emailing the CO and getting grants soon after.

Given that we have limited options, I wanted to know what happens when new documents are uploaded and whether the COs pay attention.

PS: We know that someone looked at our application because we were asked to provide meds and more info about 4 months ago.
why cant you log in. I went through an agent and had the login id and pw and would review my account. It should be done in case the agent makes a mistake, you can point it out and get it rectified

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
why cant you log in. I went through an agent and had the login id and pw and would review my account. It should be done in case the agent makes a mistake, you can point it out and get it rectified
A Registered Migration Agent would have his own ImmiAccount containing all his applications and would never ever give anyone outside his business access to that.

The unregistered amateurs posing as " agents" set up individual accounts for each client. If you have so little faith in the agent that you need to rectify their mistakes, why use them in the first place?

As for the OP's question, yes, it does happen that applications disappear into a black hole. I have had to pull out a few over the years.

Reactions: Ganbarimasu

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, our agent sent us some info to import the application into our own account, but apparently, that option is not available for partner visa applications. Of course, as Mr Voorst mentioned, I am quite certain that they have multiple applications lodged through their account and so, asking for the ID and password is futile.

I recently prepared new info to be uploaded and would wait for further developments but am not above begging the agent to write to the CO if need be. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Yes, our agent sent us some info to import the application into our own account, but apparently, that option is not available for partner visa applications. Of course, as Mr Voorst mentioned, I am quite certain that they have multiple applications lodged through their account and so, asking for the ID and password is futile.

I recently prepared new info to be uploaded and would wait for further developments but am not above begging the agent to write to the CO if need be. :eek:
If you have any genuine concerns, your agent should deal with it or at least re-assure you. It can be a nerve wrecking process for some.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have any genuine concerns, your agent should deal with it or at least re-assure you. It can be a nerve wrecking process for some.
Thank you, yes, I just dont want to make my agent feel that I was pestering them. Basically, I have seen visas being granted in my region in about 6-8 months, which is almost half the minimum processing time and based on which we planned our year ahead. The agent has told us repeatedly that we are still well within the global processing times and shouldnt worry; however, the same rules do not apply to low-risk countries, except the USA, as per my research.

It will be extremely disappointing to know that our torture was prolonged because of an oversight.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
There seems to be little consistency in processing times. I have had some partner visa approved very quickly, while others, with medicals completed, are just being left on the shelve for some reason.

There is a theory that some of the long delays with ,for example, employer sponsored and partner visas are deliberate. The high rate of refusals of certain visa classes seems to confirm that. Maybe the idea is that cases that are not genuine will unravel by themselves if you wait long enough. Mind you, there is no evidence that this is some sort of official policy.

You should have a copy of the application and all the evidence you have submitted, so you should be aware if there were any oiversights. The agent must pass on a copy of any correspondence they receive from the Department.

By all means, do not pester the agent, but it should be ok to ask for an update every so often. Most agents understand the anxiety their clients are experiencing.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
We have been trying to obtain a birth certificate for
nine months. We cannot find out what is happening. The
Local Civil Registry sent documents to Manila for
processing nine months ago and they seem to have
encountered a singularity. Another trip to Manila coming
up. A week of pouring fees into the black hole. We might
have to start again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There seems to be little consistency in processing times. I have had some partner visa approved very quickly, while others, with medicals completed, are just being left on the shelve for some reason.

There is a theory that some of the long delays with ,for example, employer sponsored and partner visas are deliberate. The high rate of refusals of certain visa classes seems to confirm that. Maybe the idea is that cases that are not genuine will unravel by themselves if you wait long enough. Mind you, there is no evidence that this is some sort of official policy.

You should have a copy of the application and all the evidence you have submitted, so you should be aware if there were any oiversights. The agent must pass on a copy of any correspondence they receive from the Department.

By all means, do not pester the agent, but it should be ok to ask for an update every so often. Most agents understand the anxiety their clients are experiencing.
I appreciate the positive words. I am a very hands-on person and it is difficult to just wait on the sidelines.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The following is from a Skilled Visa E-news from September 2017 that I found on the DHA website snooping around, in case it gives you some relief and may be relevant for the 309 too:

"Allocation time frames

Generally, permanent skilled applications will be allocated in order date of lodgement. However from time to time the Department will allocate newer applications for assessment for pipeline management purposes. This is likely to continue in future to help with efficient management of the substantial on-hand caseload and the identified increase in low integrity applications.

Important: agents should not assume that they have months to provide supporting documentation. Applications should be complete at time of lodgement."

Source: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...september-2017

Reactions: Ganbarimasu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all.

I just wanted to know if some applications simply get forgotten and are never picked back up again.

What happens when we upload extra documents are uploaded? Does the CO receive notifications?

In short, should I upload more documents to remind the CO of my pending application?
Hello,

Based from my experience, they never send acknowledgements on whether they receive your newly uploaded documents or not. They spend their time in evaluating a lot of applications and they cannot afford to reply to everyone. What I suggest is just to do your part...keep on uploading documents and keep it updated so when the time comes when it's your application's turn to be evaluated, it would be easier for them. Incomplete and outdated documents are often the reasons why it takes so much time. If your documents are complete by the time they check it, they can decide right away and not ask you to provide more... if they ask you to provide more, they cannot check it right away, you will have to wait for your turn again. Hope this helps :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.