Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have been reading up about the 309 applications on this forum (so helpful!) and wanted to get your opinion on our situation and whether we would qualify?

BF and I met in May 2016 while I was a masters student in Sydney. We officially became a couple in early June 2016 - is this the start of the de facto relationship even though we were not living together?

We moved in together at the end of Feb 2017 and lived together for a total of 10 months before I had to come back to Singapore in Jan 2018 to work and fulfil a 2 year bond for the scholarship I was given.

In the time we've been together we have travelled together for holidays with boarding passes and airbnb bookings in both our names, as well as photos from the trips, photos from his visit to see me and my family in Singapore, photos of us driving to his hometown to see his family.

While I lived with him my name was never on the lease but he wrote an email to his real estate agent to get permission. We also have bank statements that show me transferring rent, money for groceries, fuel and other travel expenses we shared. I was also never listed on any of his insurances or shared joint accounts, etc.

We're committed to continuing our relationship long distance while I'm away but I'm wondering if we have a strong enough case to prove a de facto relationship for the 309? Also, what would be the start date of the de facto relationship - the day we officially became a couple? or the day we moved in together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Heidi

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Seems early June 2016 would be the date for start of de facto.

Nothing jumping out as to why you would not qualify for a 309 application.

A relationship registration might be a good idea for the temp separation period.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Do you have good evidence from June 2016?

Remember that the time period you use will be the period they expect good evidence from. My partner and I pushed our date forward slightly from when we deem the relationship to have started to what we deem was the publically acceptable and provable date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A relationship registration might be a good idea for the temp separation period.
Do you think this is necessary or will help the application?

What if we register it in March 2018 when I am back in Sydney for a holiday and lodge the application sometime in October 2018? Will it matter that we don't meet a registration period of 12 months when the application is lodged?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have good evidence from June 2016?

Remember that the time period you use will be the period they expect good evidence from. My partner and I pushed our date forward slightly from when we deem the relationship to have started to what we deem was the publically acceptable and provable date.
We only have messages and photos from June 2016.

First trip we took together was to Tassie in October 2016 and we have flight booking emails with both our names from that..? Should we use this as the start instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.