Australia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Is there anyone from sri lanka in the forum who applied this year who would like to share their experience and how long you have waited etc etc
My story is Lodged application at VFS on March 9th (we gave police clearance for both of us with the application)
Then I went to Melb on tourust visa, and stayed with my husband for 3 months.
On 6th June i received email from AHC to go for medical and more info req.
The more info was only financial aspects of relationship. I did the medical on 12th June (i was back in SL). We did not have much financial aspects to show, no joint account or any assets in both names. I gave a letter explaining that.
On July 19th i sent a letter to AHC asking the status of my application, received email back saying its still under assessment. Same day later i got a immi56 again asking for more info, this time social/financial/household evidence.
Provided all that on July 24th and waiting now.
I wonder how long it takes from info request to grant?
Why AHC request twice more info? they should have asked at the initial more info request :confused:
Any 309 grants in this month from the Colombo AHC anyone know of?
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I applied mine in January 2018 and did the medical subsequently. I personally applied mine through the immi account and submitted all the requested documents. However I got an email from the AHC in colombo in April 2018 requesting for my husband's police report from Aussie and form 80 from my end. That's it. They didn't contact me there onwards. However I wrote to them asking whether the documents are okay and whether they need further info. But they got back to Me saying mine is still in the further assessment stage. Seems like we just have to wait until they decide on the visa. Also I assume our case officer is located in Aussie while the necessary documents are requested through the AHC in Colombo. I don't know. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I applied mine in January 2018 and did the medical subsequently. I personally applied mine through the immi account and submitted all the requested documents. However I got an email from the AHC in colombo in April 2018 requesting for my husband's police report from Aussie and form 80 from my end. That's it. They didn't contact me there onwards. However I wrote to them asking whether the documents are okay and whether they need further info. But they got back to Me saying mine is still in the further assessment stage. Seems like we just have to wait until they decide on the visa. Also I assume our case officer is located in Aussie while the necessary documents are requested through the AHC in Colombo. I don't know. I might be wrong.
Hi thanks for sharing
The wait is just too long 😕
When I received the immi S56 in June the case officer was Ir****** and the 2nd req for more info the case officer was C****** , All Sinhalese names, I guess it's not one case officer for each file & they send or upload the data and Canberra makes the final decision.
I hope the visa comes through soon
The case officer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Everyone
Is there anyone from sri lanka in the forum who applied this year who would like to share their experience and how long you have waited etc etc
My story is Lodged application at VFS on March 9th (we gave police clearance for both of us with the application)
The more info was only financial aspects of relationship. I did the medical on 12th June (i was back in SL). We did not have much financial aspects to show, no joint account or any assets in both names. I gave a letter explaining that.
On July 19th i sent a letter to AHC asking the status of my application, received email back saying its still under assessment. Same day later i got a immi56 again asking for more info, this time social/financial/household evidence.
Why AHC request twice more info? they should have asked at the initial more info request

thanks
Hi

My wife applied on 27th October 2017 and she did the medical beforehand and submitted her police check, my sl police check and Aussie police check.

Other than automated reply email, we haven't get any feedback from immigration. I checked the spreadsheet that some who applied around August/September, got the visa in this July. So finger crossed.

Thanka

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

My wife applied on 27th October 2017 and she did the medical beforehand and submitted her police check, my sl police check and Aussie police check.

Other than automated reply email, we haven't get any feedback from immigration. I checked the spreadsheet that some who applied around August/September, got the visa in this July. So finger crossed.

Thanka
Hi
Thanks for the info, didnt you write to the Aus high commission Colombo?
I write to them quite often (once in every 4 weeks) and ask for status.
we have paid AUD 7000, and we need to be updated on the status of our application.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi sfernando, how did you get to know who your case officer was? I got an email from the correspondence email account from the home affairs and the reply to Email address was to the Au high commission in Sri Lanka. This is requesting further documents. That's
It. There were no names mentioned in the email or the attachment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi sfernando, how did you get to know who your case officer was? I got an email from the correspondence email account from the home affairs and the reply to Email address was to the Au high commission in Sri Lanka. This is requesting further documents. That's
It. There were no names mentioned in the email or the attachment.
Hi Ruzi, the CO's name was on the attachments on the correspondence received from the AHC Colombo email address. Mine had at the end of each attachment on the medical test request as well as the add info document.
Didn't you ask for the status recently from the AHC?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

Thanka
Hi
Thanks for the info, didnt you write to the Aus high commission Colombo?
I write to them quite often (once in every 4 weeks) and ask for status.
we have paid AUD 7000, and we need to be updated on the status of our application.
Did they send any updates?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did they send any updates?
Hi Keith
Yes, last time I asked after 4-5wks after submitting the medical tests, they said still under assessment.
Then once i handed over the add docs i wrote to them saying I handed over the docs (listing them), they got back saying cfmd received all.
So I think they do write back, something is better than nothing :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to share some good news. My husband and I got granted our Spouse visa 309 and 100 this week! Because we've been together for a long time they granted the Provisional 309 and then immediately granted the Permanent 100 visa as well.

We originally lodged 21st May 2018, were contacted with request for more information (including medicals and police checks) 13th August 2018, we were able to supply everything within 6 weeks then amazingly got our grant only a month later!

We are extremely excited to get our grant in only 6 months (actually only 24 weeks = 168 days) as we were expecting it to take a minimum of 9-12 months (because we are from a "high risk" country). Thought I'd pass along the information to give other people hope, even though the "service standards"/processing times currently say 75% within 13 months and 90% within 17 months there are definitely some being issued much earlier than that. :)

We used a MARA registered agent as our case had a few complex issues that needed to be addressed and the application was lodged online. We provided very detailed supporting information and statements. Hope everyone else here doesn't have to wait too long for their grants too. We're now making plans to move to Oz in February, YAY - very excited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone
Why AHC request twice more info? they should have asked at the initial more info request :confused:
thanks
Hi,

Have you received any update? i applied mine in 10th Oct 2018 and the CO requested for more documents in December 3rd and still waiting for an update since then.

regards
Hemi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! Have you received your partner visa??
Hi Everyone
thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.