Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am in a relationship with my partner since february 2020. We live together in Turkey. We have joint bank accounts, property and pets together. We also registered our relationship 4 months ago. We can prove everything easily that we are in a genuine relationship. I ve never been in Australia before.

We are thinking of applying for 309 visa soon. But my partner already sponsored 2 of his ex partners 7 years ago.So it will be my partner 's 3rd sponsorship.

On the website it says like below,
We may refuse your sponsorship and your partner’s visa application if:
  • this is your third time sponsoring someone for a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa
You might still be able to sponsor someone for this visa if:
  • your previous partner died or left the relationship and you have young children - No, we don't have this condition.
  • you have been with your partner for more than 2 years - Our relationship is more than 2 years. It s been 30 months now.
  • you (or your partner) have dependent children.- No, we don't have this condition.
Some sources say relationship should be at least 3 years to sponsor 3rd partner.
I am really confused at this matter.

I really appreciate if you give me an advice about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am in a relationship with my partner since february 2020. We live together in Turkey. We have joint bank accounts, property and pets together. We also registered our relationship 4 months ago. We can prove everything easily that we are in a genuine relationship. I ve never been in Australia before.

We are thinking of applying for 309 visa soon. But my partner already sponsored 2 of his ex partners 7 years ago.So it will be my partner 's 3rd sponsorship.

On the website it says like below,
We may refuse your sponsorship and your partner’s visa application if:
  • this is your third time sponsoring someone for a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa
You might still be able to sponsor someone for this visa if:
  • your previous partner died or left the relationship and you have young children - No, we don't have this condition.
  • you have been with your partner for more than 2 years - Our relationship is more than 2 years. It s been 30 months now.
  • you (or your partner) have dependent children.- No, we don't have this condition.
Some sources say relationship should be at least 3 years to sponsor 3rd partner.
I am really confused at this matter.

I really appreciate if you give me an advice about it.

Thanks.
You might still be able to sponsor someone for this visa if you have been with your partner for more than 2 years.

Where did you see 3 years?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might still be able to sponsor someone for this visa if you have been with your partner for more than 2 years.

Where did you see 3 years?
Hello JandE,
please see below.

Product Font Screenshot Circle Number

Font Liquid Rectangle Plant Screenshot

So I am so confused about this difference. On the website which was updated beginning of August, it s shown as just 2 years.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Hello JandE,
please see below.

View attachment 11493

View attachment 11494

So I am so confused about this difference. On the website which was updated beginning of August, it s shown as just 2 years.
That legislation says the length of relationship should not be a determinative factor.

It also recommends a relationship length of 3 years, that is used to effectively bypass the temporary stage, and grant PR directly.

It appears that the length can be determined as 2 or 3 years, or maybe under 2 years, based on the overall application. That allows an easier refusal if other factors are considered suspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts