Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My partner and i are starting to gather the required documents together to apply for the 309 offshore partner visa. My partner is Ecuadorian and we currently live in Ecuador. We were wondering what type of evidence would be best to support our claim. we're having a little trouble as i get paid cash at my job here so i dont know what the best way to show the financial side of the relationship? we just opened a savings account together but that is just for savings. Also all receipts, shopping, rent, going out etc is either only in his name or we don't have receipts at all. Also another problem is that we lived together for 9 months with his parents (so no lease) what would be the best way to show this? with a written statement from his parents? Also we currently share an apartment together but its very uncommon to have leases in Ecuador, so would a written statement from our landlord be enough? And lastly the social aspects, we go to crossfit together and family events and out with friends etc what would be the best way to show this? Photos?

Any other help would be appreciated from anyone who has applied in a similar situation as ours.

Many thanks in advance, Indica :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are lots of partner visa checklists floating around on the internet - plus the departments own document checklist for 309.

The AAT has evidence of lots of folks who were refused due to the poor presentation of evidence, despite being in a genuine relationship and the AAT affirming so once additional evidence was brought to their attention.

Probably worth running your application by a registered migration agent or two to get an opinion around the quality of evidence you have so far, and what would be useful to have going forward - before lodging.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Indica,

The Department published a checklist for 309 partner visa.
It looks like you guys have a genuine relationship that needs to be backed up with good evidence and strong statements to support your application.

Have you considered contacting a Registered Migration Agent to guide and help you?
Maybe it is something you should consider to make sure your application will be a successful one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.