Australia Forum banner

Would you of planned differently for the future if knew the correct processing times

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Applied for the 309 offshore in the UK back in June 2014 (like alot of other people on here) and still no luck!
We were both living in the UK until Carrie my australian partners UK work holiday visa ran out in Oct'14. instead of living apart we then moved to Vietnam for what we thought would be a few months (since processing times said 5months) then as we arrived we got email saying it will 9-12 months!!! we were really dissapointed, and Hanoi, Vietnam is no place to hold out for that long! its was driving us crazy. so now we are in Australia on holiday visiting family... but im on a visitor visa.. and that expires in 27 days!

What will happen now. well I guess we will have to accept that we might have to live apart untill the visa is granted in June. I am still eligible to work NZ on a working holiday so we may go there. But it really is messing us around. why the Immi couldnt just update there website to display correct times. it would save alot of people the hassle.

so if anyones got false hopes by reading the processing time info on ever reliable IMMI website..... expect the worst.

how hard is it to update a website???!!! money shouldnt be an inssue for them considering they upped the visa costs almost $1000

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Immi haven't updated it in two years. But the London embassy is excellent at keeping their website updated and it accurately reflects current wait times. Be glad you're 9-12 months - current wait times are 10-14 months through London for applicants who applied just a month after you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My partner applied thought the London office in June 2014 and was advised 8-9 month processing time from his case officer. With that in mind we are expecting in end of this month end of next month. Hang in there. I'm sure it will be soon

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Yes, you'd think they could update the website with the current processing times. However they do specifically state on the website not to make any travel plans, quit jobs, sell your home, etc. until your visa is granted. So travelling ahead of having a visa is a potentially expensive risk to take.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My partner applied thought the London office in June 2014 and was advised 8-9 month processing time from his case officer. With that in mind we are expecting in end of this month end of next month. Hang in there. I'm sure it will be soon
Hi sarah, could you let me know when you get yours. i will do the same

·
Registered
160 Posts
What a great forum, I hope I can get some answers too.
My partner overstayed and he is currently on Bridging Visa C.
Our agent told us that we should prepare for refusal (sub 820/801). So we have decided to go to Europe together and apply for 309/100 visa. He has been in Australia for couple of years now. I am not sure where should we apply Berlin or London, he is Polish, but we wont be staying there for the whole time.
Would be great to be in contact with people who are applying in the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.