Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Nice to have you all here on this thread!

This thread is for people who are awaiting partner visa decision from Beirut office.

Please do share your time line, dates of communications with CO, if any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
This is Behzad, my wife applied for prtner visa on 8th of March 2018 from Tehran office in Iran and her case is tranferred to Beirut office on 19th of June. On 10th of July, we received an email from Beirut office that our application is transferred abd we will be in touch within the processing time. However, the processing time has changed to 21 to 26 months alternatively. This really freaks us out, how come we can be apart feom each other for two years?
Is it even possible?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was thinking of applying for tourist visa during this period, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa and wait for the decision on this partner visa? When the visa is granted she can easily be overseas, since the applicant should be out of australia for the grant of this visa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking of applying for tourist visa during this period, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa and wait for the decision on this partner visa? When the visa is granted she can easily be overseas, since the applicant should be out of australia for the grant of this visa.
Hi Behzad,

I am in the same situation, I logged my wife's application in may and "story of my luck" visa section became no longer functional in Iran. !!!!

I have asked my lawyer to send an Email to ask how everything is going! they dont answer properly! very cliche'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi abdoal,
Good that you have heard something at least. I assume they started to process the applications as the pricessing time is decreased from 26 months to 13 months, which is a good news.
When did you apply? And which office tdis you apply through? When your application transferred to beirut office? And when your status is changed? Could you share those?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, has anyone recieved a request for more information from Beirut office?

I have received a request for more info with a lot of items on the check list, basically all of the required documents for the visa are there and they all say “if not already provided”.
I’m really confused about what it is they actually want more info about.

We have already uploaded all necessary documents and police checks and medical.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, has anyone recieved a request for more information from Beirut office?

I have received a request for more info with a lot of items on the check list, basically all of the required documents for the visa are there and they all say "if not already provided".
I'm really confused about what it is they actually want more info about.

We have already uploaded all necessary documents and police checks and medical.
I received an email and my partner got a phone interview and still waiting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi abdoal,
Good that you have heard something at least. I assume they started to process the applications as the pricessing time is decreased from 26 months to 13 months, which is a good news.
When did you apply? And which office tdis you apply through? When your application transferred to beirut office? And when your status is changed? Could you share those?
I applied in Aug-2018. They asked for PCC and evidence of communication while apart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We applied for my husband partner visa on Sep. 2018
C.O called me on Dec. 2018 for further info.
Application is on "further assessment"
But didnt hear from them since then!
Any news about ur visa??

·
Registered
33 Posts
We applied for my husband partner visa on Sep. 2018
C.O called me on Dec. 2018 for further info.
Application is on "further assessment"
But didnt hear from them since then!
Any news about ur visa??
Would you share what further info they asked you?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sure,it was a 15 min. Interview..
Plus she asked about some info about my husband & for another police check from the country he's working in now adays..
She also asked me,when am planning to go to australia & my plans there...
And she double checked almost all the info provided in the app.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plus she asked about some info about my husband & for another police check from the country he's working in now adays..
What is the name of your CO? My CO is Stephanie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is the name of your CO? My CO is Stephanie.
Mine is M.

1 - 20 of 1767 Posts