Australia Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
They are requested to change the subclass and pay 555 dollars only. They did not request from them anything else
That's a good option, and much better than paying for an AAT. I think that's about $1,800 + any agents costs, and takes ages.

Not even sure an AAT would even be successful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If they moved out partner visas to Amman embassy as what it used to be before 12/2018 it would've been easier to get the grant soon.
I feel it's not fair I'm Jordanian, and getting effected by the protesters in Lebanon..
Yep! Its unfair, my partner is Egyptian and living in UAE and now affected by Lebs protesting!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Has anyone contacted their agent to see if the embassy has contacted them to advise about their closure? We are only going off what the Facebook post of the embassy’s page. We contacted our agent, but he has not returned our calls and messages as per usual!

If anyone is dealing with an agent, might be worth seeing what’s going on and sharing with us here on the forum

TIA
It’s been 6 months today since DOL!

·
Registered
97 Posts
According to the embassy's FB page, it was closed on the 22nd, and starting the 23rd, it will remain closed until further notice. Their website has the same message posted right on the front page. I believe it has been closed since the 17th or 18th and will remain closed until the situation improves, hopefully soon insha'Allah.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think the officially closed on the 23/10- because i know someone who got their visa on that day. That was the last i hear of anything coming from the embassy in lebanon.

According to the embassy's FB page, it was closed on the 22nd, and starting the 23rd, it will remain closed until further notice. Their website has the same message posted right on the front page. I believe it has been closed since the 17th or 18th and will remain closed until the situation improves, hopefully soon insha'Allah.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is it true that our applications may be processed elsewhere due to embassy being closed? I really hope our applications are being sent to another country because it’s sad to think since the protests in Lebanon that our applications are just sitting there. Such wasted time, but hopefully that’s not the case. 🙏

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you're using an agent - try ask them they would have received some correspondence if this was the case? I've asked our agent and to no surprise I haven't heard back from him. The only concern is if that's the case it may even prolong our waiting period more, so hoepfully it's not true.

QUOTE=zai.01;1972033]Is it true that our applications may be processed elsewhere due to embassy being closed? I really hope our applications are being sent to another country because it's sad to think since the protests in Lebanon that our applications are just sitting there. Such wasted time, but hopefully that's not the case. 🙏[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree that it’s unfair our applications will be affected because of the protesting. Given all applications are electronic these days surely immigration staff in Australia could fill the void until the embassy reopens in Beirut. Hopefully they can continue working on our applications soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw on the news that the banks will reopen this coming Friday. I think that men's the embassy should open also ??
I just looked it up, turns out the banks opened yesterday however the embassy's official website still shows as "closed until further notice".

·
Registered
218 Posts
If anyone get any correspondence from the Beirut embassy please share it here as we are all obviously very anxious of the unknown. I have emailed the embassy but no response as yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’m very patient person and respectful but this is ridiculous ,The protest going on and on never stop they must transfer all subclass visa processing to Jordan or turkey ... respect Lebanese ppl🙏.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Totally agree, Turkey citizens are getting there visas done in under 6 months! I have two friends who's fiancé's have Received their visa already and they applied in April 2019. I am
Lebanese and appalled to say the least - The embassy needs to have a plan B!

UOTE=Benjamin2018;1972517]I'm very patient person and respectful but this is ridiculous ,The protest going on and on never stop they must transfer all subclass visa processing to Jordan or turkey ... respect Lebanese ppl🙏.[/QUOTE]

1021 - 1040 of 1767 Posts