Australia Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow! That's super lucky you quickly got your visitor visa approved. In cases like this I don't understand why they wouldn't just grant the 309 and be done with it?

When did you get your RFI? Once they ask for the updated ppc and passport I believe you get it not long after that. It has happened with some cases here on this forum.

QUOTE=Qadi91;1974985]
Yes, seems very promising!

Did you apply onshore or offshore? Are you onshore on a visitor visa?

QUOTE=Qadi91;1974957]I applied in March 3 .. 2019
309\100 hoping to grant the 100 visa after the 309 and I'm onshore now so they might send me an email to leave the county to grant my visa.
Getting serious .. ��
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I applied for visitor 600 to travel with my daughter and wife, as my wife has to be back to work and I will be staying at home father ..
I applied offshore from Jordan in March and then in June I decided I will get a visitor 600 and they grant it to me in 13:7:2019
I had an RFI
* passport renewal
* colored non-conviction
I send did everything she asked me for. Even she send me another email she is still waiting my things to come through before uploading it..
I hope it happens before Xmas so we can celebrate it ..[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't believe I'm saying this... just got the golden email!!!

Was halfway through the visit visa process last night, probably a good thing we didn't submit it.

Will update the timeline soon as I'm home.
congratulation that good News what was your country of origin?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks all.

We have applied for the 309/100.

Origin: Sponsor India, Applicant Sri Lanka, Applied from Dubai so it was processed from the Beirut office.

Applied ourselves, no agent, but everyone on here has been of great help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is so good. Congratulations.👌👌
We lodged on mid- Jan and hoping to hear the good news before Christmas.

Thanks guys. Absolutely stoked!

DOL: 10 Feb 2019
Medicals: Mar 2019
PCC (both sponsor and applicant): Jul 2019
Supporting docs: In phases, not front loaded. Everything was submitted by late Aug 2019. (Had close to 100 docs for the Applicant but only about 15 for the Sponsor
Sponsor application: 28 Aug 2019
Grant: 26 Nov 2019

No RFI. No Interview.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does anyone know how long the embassy will close over the christmas holidays?
It doesn't have any information about closure dates on their website.
My guess would be like most government departments they'll be closed from 25 December- 2 January. I don't expect to see much movement visa wise from mid December to mid January though because it's a popular time to take annual leave.
Plus the Australian Embassy in Beirut are advertising for a lot of staff at the moment so it looks as though they're short staffed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes i saw that on their website. it could be understaffed, or that they had a really slow few months recently and want to finalise as many applications as possible (optimistic thinking). Either way atleast they are operating, thank god! The deadline for the job adverts is tomorrow, so hopefully we'll hear something before Christmas. If not then the new year, as i hear they do hand out alot in early jan.

My guess would be like most government departments they'll be closed from 25 December- 2 January. I don't expect to see much movement visa wise from mid December to mid January though because it's a popular time to take annual leave.
Plus the Australian Embassy in Beirut are advertising for a lot of staff at the moment so it looks as though they're short staffed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes i saw that on their website. it could be understaffed, or that they had a really slow few months recently and want to finalise as many applications as possible (optimistic thinking). Either way atleast they are operating, thank god! The deadline for the job adverts is tomorrow, so hopefully we'll hear something before Christmas. If not then the new year, as i hear they do hand out alot in early jan.

I like your optimism! Yes, let's hope they're employing a heap of staff to get through the backlog of applications!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys - new to the forum!

Hi guys, new to this forum thread:
:)
Timeline:
DOL: March 19
Front loaded everything
Did SP40 online 2 weeks ago - uploaded 1/3 PCC - waiting to receive 2 remaining PCC to upload ASAP

Hoping to get the good news either this month or next as it seems Beirut office are going through Jan and Feb 2019 applications!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Guys it was finally our time to receive some good news, after nearly 14 months
we finally got our 309 visa yesterday!

Dol: 02 oct 2018
a couple of RFI most recent one was 3 weeks ago
Grant: 28 nov 2019
did not have to re-submit medicals and police checks even after it was expired.

Thanks Everyone in this group for your support inshallah everyone gets their grant soon! Happy holidays 😊

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Guys it was finally our time to receive some good news, after nearly 14 months

Grant: 28 nov 2018

Thanks Everyone in this group for your support inshallah everyone gets their grant soon! Happy holidays 😊
Congratulations Seyed! They're getting through a lot of the moment! What's your country of origin?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys so my family friend got her visa yesterday. they applied through the same agent as myself and my partner. They applied in october 2018 for pmv 300 and had the interview in may 2019. she is currently in lebanon with her partner. they requested a updated police check for both and did another interview on the 27th/nov/2019. golden email last night.

inshallah we get our visa before christmas also we applied on the 30th of november 2018, will be 1 year tomorrow. Inshallah good news soon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh yay! Alf Mabrook! That is fantastic news! Good to hear, police checks and medicals were not needed to be re-submitted.

How long have they given you to enter Australia by?

Grant: 28 nov 2018

1181 - 1200 of 1767 Posts