Australia Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It says further assessment, which has been the case since we submitted medical and biometrics.

Does everyone get a interview phone call?

There seriously isn't a reason for anything with regards to immigration... every case is different! Some applicants have simple cases and there grant takes forever and vice versa. It is a painful waiting game!!!

Just a piece of advice hold of on redoing the medicals unless they ask you too... Atleast that way you know they're looking at your case.

Do you know what status ist at now, on the immi account?

UOTE=TanyaMelbourne;1976435]My partner is Egyptian living in Dubai. We have applied for the PMV, its now been 1 year since we applied. The medical and police check have also now expired.

We have received zero contact from Embassy, no RFI or phone calls. Should we be concerned?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
218 Posts
No I don't believe so... some
People even on this forum have just received the grant with no contact at all from
Immigration. So you may not hear from
Them if your case is straight forward.

It says further assessment, which has been the case since we submitted medical and biometrics.

Does everyone get a interview phone call?

There seriously isn't a reason for anything with regards to immigration... every case is different! Some applicants have simple cases and there grant takes forever and vice versa. It is a painful waiting game!!!

Just a piece of advice hold of on redoing the medicals unless they ask you too... Atleast that way you know they're looking at your case.

Do you know what status ist at now, on the immi account?

UOTE=TanyaMelbourne;1976435]My partner is Egyptian living in Dubai. We have applied for the PMV, its now been 1 year since we applied. The medical and police check have also now expired.

We have received zero contact from Embassy, no RFI or phone calls. Should we be concerned?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi what is the status in the immi account? we applied in April 19 and haven't heard anything from them either.

What is your country of origin?

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, my wife and kid applied for 309 partner visa from Beirut May 2019, nothing so far no email/ calls...
anyone applied after this date and got an email or interview?
thank you and good luck everyone

·
Registered
218 Posts
are you and partner originally from Lebanon or elsewhere? Was your application front loaded with all documentations? Our one is also showing as initial assessment - front loaded.

Hi, applied from lebanon, still nothing, immi status initial assessment. What s urs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes from lebanon originally, im currently in australia (sponsor), my wife and son in lebanon, front loaded everything. Applied for a tourist 600 last week waiting for outcome

·
Registered
218 Posts
oh great! god willing you get the visitor approve - please let us know of your outcome. did you use an agent or did you do it yourself? looks like your timeframe is the same as ours. I know one got approved and he had applied in march 19, but from Jordan originally. hopefully we hear something soon!

Yes from lebanon originally, im currently in australia (sponsor), my wife and son in lebanon, front loaded everything. Applied for a tourist 600 last week waiting for outcome

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree - it has been sooo quiet. Last one was give just under 10 days ago... the process is painful... really, unfair. Don't even think applying for a tourist visa is gonna make this situation less painful.

I agree not until the new year now.

QUOTE=Karramy;1976923]
Hey everyone! Nothing yet ?
No news at all ..??
I've given up hope we'll hear anything now until mid January.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree - it has been sooo quiet. Last one was give just under 10 days ago... the process is painful... really, unfair. Don't even think applying for a tourist visa is gonna make this situation less painful.

I've given up hope we'll hear anything now until mid January.
Don't be disheartened. You will get your partner visa when time comes.

Meanwhile, surely you can apply for a visitor visa. I have seen few people from Asia getting visitor visa while waiting for their partner visas. Especially if the applicant is employed and have leave granted from work, it is easier to get a visitor visa. Even without employment, you can try. Need to show that the applicant has sufficient incentives to return to the home country before visitor visa expires. You can show property, other assets, funds in the bank accounts as evidence. Also, other close relationships/close-family in the home country is an incentive as well. You can give the reason for the visit as to be with your partner and see the country with your partner.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Only issue is my partner is from Lebanon - with no family members here in Australia and with the situation in Lebanon now, there truly isn't any incentive to go back - except to his family. I'm sure it will come, just thought with our 'simple' case it would have been approved by now. We need to update our NOIM as it was due to be this Friday 20/12. It will be 8 months on christmas, since DOL.

Thanks for your advice though, appreciated.

I've given up hope we'll hear anything now until mid January.
Don't be disheartened. You will get your partner visa when time comes.

Meanwhile, surely you can apply for a visitor visa. I have seen few people from Asia getting visitor visa while waiting for their partner visas. Especially if the applicant is employed and have leave granted from work, it is easier to get a visitor visa. Even without employment, you can try. Need to show that the applicant has sufficient incentives to return to the home country before visitor visa expires. You can show property, other assets, funds in the bank accounts as evidence. Also, other close relationships/close-family in the home country is an incentive as well. You can give the reason for the visit as to be with your partner and see the country with your partner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
From face book page: Christmas is nearly here!!
The Embassy will be closed from Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 December 2019 and on Wednesday 1 January 2020.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Only issue is my partner is from Lebanon - with no family members here in Australia and with the situation in Lebanon now, there truly isn't any incentive to go back - except to his family. I'm sure it will come, just thought with our 'simple' case it would have been approved by now. We need to update our NOIM as it was due to be this Friday 20/12. It will be 8 months on christmas, since DOL.
The last two PMV subclass 300's that I have seen from Lebanon took 10.1 and 12.3 months to be finalised.

You mentioned doing a NOIM, so I assume you are on the PMV.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have not posted here for a while. I’m still waiting on my fiance’s PMV 300 grant which we lodged in December 2018.
Our first call was in November (last month) and only my fiance was interviewed for about 15 minutes. He is from Syria and applied through Beirut. 2 weeks later we had an RFI to change a particular answer to a question on a form and so we did and submitted instantly. Since then, we have not heard anything. Most people I know who had lodged in December or before have already got their grants so I think our turn should be any time now. We really didn’t think it would take a whole year but here we are.. still waiting on that golden email.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for that - they're not closed for too long.... thankfully..

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the festive event!

From face book page: Christmas is nearly here!!
The Embassy will be closed from Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 December 2019 and on Wednesday 1 January 2020.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, it is for PMV 300. Thanks for the stats. hopefully we are amongst those who receive it within 12 months. agent said status is still 'initial assessment'. if that even means anything...

The last two PMV subclass 300's that I have seen from Lebanon took 10.1 and 12.3 months to be finalised.

You mentioned doing a NOIM, so I assume you are on the PMV.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Your the third person i know that lodged in DEC/JAN 19 that received a call in November, I'm sure you will receive your one soon. I heard they only call the sponsor if they are not convinced by the applicants responses, so that's a good sign - i guess. InshaAllah not too long left for you.
I think years ago PMV was much quicker, but the increase in price hasn't deterred genuine couples from applying for PMV and i guess that was not budgeted for.

The processing times has been updated still to 75% at 17 months.

Patience is a virtue they say....

I have not posted here for a while. I'm still waiting on my fiance's PMV 300 grant which we lodged in December 2018.
Our first call was in November (last month) and only my fiance was interviewed for about 15 minutes. He is from Syria and applied through Beirut. 2 weeks later we had an RFI to change a particular answer to a question on a form and so we did and submitted instantly. Since then, we have not heard anything. Most people I know who had lodged in December or before have already got their grants so I think our turn should be any time now. We really didn't think it would take a whole year but here we are.. still waiting on that golden email.

1261 - 1280 of 1767 Posts