Australia Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those applicants who are waiting more than a year, is it normal to receive an automated email after 12 months with the below content?

" We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks."
We are at 13 month and haven't got one? I am really getting worried about ours, we have had zero contact, not even a RFI.
It frustrating seeing others going through Beirut office who applied months after us getting approved.
I feel the same. 17.5 months for us. I have read that some people don't receive the 12 month email but it doesn't mean anything. Just that the system for some reason has failed to generate it.
17.5 months, wow sorry to hear. Is your case complicated?

·
Registered
184 Posts
For those applicants who are waiting more than a year, is it normal to receive an automated email after 12 months with the below content?

" We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks."
We are at 13 month and haven't got one? I am really getting worried about ours, we have had zero contact, not even a RFI.
It frustrating seeing others going through Beirut office who applied months after us getting approved.
I feel the same. 17.5 months for us. I have read that some people don't receive the 12 month email but it doesn't mean anything. Just that the system for some reason has failed to generate it.
17.5 months, wow sorry to hear. Is your case complicated?
No it's pretty straight forward. The only things we don't have is evidence of a joint lease on a house/unit or joint bank account. We have provided everything else.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No it's pretty straight forward. The only things we don't have is evidence of a joint lease on a house/unit or joint bank account. We have provided everything else.
Is the applicant male or female? I have noticed that male applicants generally take longer than female applicants. May be in case of male applicants, DoHA carryout more security checks and this could take a long time. And also checks could take a long time if the applicant has travelled in many high risk countries.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is the applicant male or female? I have noticed that male applicants generally take longer than female applicants. May be in case of male applicants, DoHA carryout more security checks and this could take a long time. And also checks could take a long time if the applicant has travelled in many high risk countries.
Applicant is male. I agree with you. I've noticed men take longer to process. He lives in a high risk country but hasn't traveled to many others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Change my PMV to Partner

Hello all,
I've been following since the beginning of last year. This group gives me hope when I read of someone's golden email ♥.

Wishing you all the best with your applications and hoping we hear Great news by February 2020.

I've applied for a PMV for my partner in Iraq June 2019.
It's been 7 months. Not a single email or anything from the office. I've emailed and sent out messages in regards to the safety of my fiancé due to the protests and everything that is happening back in iraq. But nothing.

I'm thinking of going back to iraq and getting married and changing my application from prospective marriage visa to Partner visa.
As it's showing shorter processing time than fiancé visa.

What are the steps I would need to take?
Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have you visited eachother since getting married? My agent has recommended if our visa takes over 13 months, we should try arrange to see eachother again.

Situation in lebanon is getting messy! lets pray the embassy stays open- the country is hitting a financial crisis!

Applicant is male. I agree with you. I've noticed men take longer to process. He lives in a high risk country but hasn't traveled to many others.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We are in the same situation, my fiance is from Lebanon. My agent recommended a 13 month wait before we decide to meet again. The embassy should be midnful of this.- i just feel there's an even further delay due to the protests in lebanon.

Has your fiance had his medicals done?

Hello all,
I've been following since the beginning of last year. This group gives me hope when I read of someone's golden email ♥.

Wishing you all the best with your applications and hoping we hear Great news by February 2020.

It's been 7 months. Not a single email or anything from the office. I've emailed and sent out messages in regards to the safety of my fiancé due to the protests and everything that is happening back in iraq. But nothing. ��

I'm thinking of going back to iraq and getting married and changing my application from prospective marriage visa to Partner visa.

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you visited eachother since getting married? My agent has recommended if our visa takes over 13 months, we should try arrange to see eachother again.

Situation in lebanon is getting messy! lets pray the embassy stays open- the country is hitting a financial crisis!

Yes, since getting married in 2017 we have spent 9 months together in total. Last year we spent a total of 3 months together. We've decided not to see each other again until the visa is granted now based on me unable to get time off work until June this year, me having to travel alone with our 14 month old son and the unrest in Iraq at the moment.

Yeah I believe the delay in our visa grant definitely has something to do with the unrest in Beirut.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We are in the same situation, my fiance is from Lebanon. My agent recommended a 13 month wait before we decide to meet again. The embassy should be midnful of this.- i just feel there's an even further delay due to the protests in lebanon.

Has your fiance had his medicals done?

Hello all,

It's been 7 months. Not a single email or anything from the office. I've emailed and sent out messages in regards to the safety of my fiancé due to the protests and everything that is happening back in iraq. But nothing. ��

Thanks
Yes - everything is complete. Our agent promised a 7-9 month wait before grant. Front loaded application.
It's very disappointing that we suffer due to what the country is going through.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Yes, since getting married in 2017 we have spent 9 months together in total. Last year we spent a total of 3 months together. We've decided not to see each other again until the visa is granted now based on me unable to get time off work until June this year, me having to travel alone with our 14 month old son and the unrest in Iraq at the moment.

Yeah I believe the delay in our visa grant definitely has something to do with the unrest in Beirut.
Apparently they say many visas are coming out this February. Especially for those who have been waiting for too long.

Hoping you're from the first of those grants.
I'm on 7 months wait and I'm getting very impatient.

You're doing really well. Well done and all the best.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Apparently they say many visas are coming out this February. Especially for those who have been waiting for too long.

That would be pretty amazing if they are focusing on the backlog of visa's. The longer it is the harder it gets and I have to chase the negative thoughts away.

No, we got advice from a migration agent to not apply for a visitor visa as it will probably get rejected based on not having enough incentive to go home. They told us if you get a visitor visa rejected they it can have a negative affect on the spouse visa application.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can probably contact the DET now that the 17 months has passed?

it is unfortunate you have had to spend so much time apart, but god willing, your visa comes soon! The whole arab world will soon be 'high risk' so lets pray we all get our visa's asap!

Did you use an agent?

That would be pretty amazing if they are focusing on the backlog of visa's. The longer it is the harder it gets and I have to chase the negative thoughts away.

No, we got advice from a migration agent to not apply for a visitor visa as it will probably get rejected based on not having enough incentive to go home. They told us if you get a visitor visa rejected they it can have a negative affect on the spouse visa application.

·
Registered
218 Posts
lets hope so!!! in the past February has been a popular time to give visa's!

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can probably contact the DET now that the 17 months has passed?

it is unfortunate you have had to spend so much time apart, but god willing, your visa comes soon! The whole arab world will soon be 'high risk' so lets pray we all get our visa's asap!

Did you use an agent?

No, I can't call and get answers until it has been past the processing time of 20 months unfortunately.

I have a good friend who's a registered migration agent so she assisted us every step of the way with our application.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes 😊

·
Registered
218 Posts
Has anyone heard anything at all - RFI, Calls etc from the embassy since they've opened?

Please continue to share information with us here!

1341 - 1360 of 1767 Posts