Australia Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I guess many people do that if they visa wait is too long! however i have been told it can delay the timing even more, but people on this forum have said it won't effect the waiting.

The waiting time is painful - your DOL isn't too far from ours! Hopefully we hear something soon!

Hello all,
I've been following since the beginning of last year. This group gives me hope when I read of someone's golden email ♥.

Wishing you all the best with your applications and hoping we hear Great news by February 2020.

I've applied for a PMV for my partner in Iraq June 2019.
It's been 7 months. Not a single email or anything from the office. I've emailed and sent out messages in regards to the safety of my fiancé due to the protests and everything that is happening back in iraq. But nothing. ��

I'm thinking of going back to iraq and getting married and changing my application from prospective marriage visa to Partner visa.
As it's showing shorter processing time than fiancé visa.

What are the steps I would need to take?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everyone,
Male or female applications it has nothing to do with the waiting time and I would say no one cares male or female outta here..
Keep it up and I'm sure you guys who been waiting for 17 months or around would get the Permanent residency not just the temp one .. I waited 10 months and now I'm gonna get it next week I have no clue if I'm getting the temp or both.
It's been a very stressful year for all of us and I'm sure one you come here to Australia you better go and check yourself with the psychologist as we all go through stress and other bad things.
I have been sain all of my life but when i applied i started being introvert, a lot of stress, feeling isolated and insomnia hit me lately ..
It took a toll on me I never knew that I'm gonna go through this kind of hard time of waiting.
But you know what is the good thing ? That if you we're positive .. You'll bring this energy to you keep yourself optimistic and be happy ❤

Thank you all for the support 🌹 and I hope you get yours sooner than you think ��

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, since getting married in 2017 we have spent 9 months together in total. Last year we spent a total of 3 months together. We've decided not to see each other again until the visa is granted now based on me unable to get time off work until June this year, me having to travel alone with our 14 month old son and the unrest in Iraq at the moment.

Yeah I believe the delay in our visa grant definitely has something to do with the unrest in Beirut.
It is hard. Partner visa process causes too much stress on families.

One possibility is to make an attempt to be together with your partner in a third country even for a shorter period. That could help to speed up the process.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, since getting married in 2017 we have spent 9 months together in total. Last year we spent a total of 3 months together. We've decided not to see each other again until the visa is granted now based on me unable to get time off work until June this year, me having to travel alone with our 14 month old son and the unrest in Iraq at the moment.

Yeah I believe the delay in our visa grant definitely has something to do with the unrest in Beirut.

One possibility is to make an attempt to be together with your partner in a third country even for a shorter period. That could help to speed up the process.
I think we will do that in June if we still don't have the visa as I can't take time off work until then.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, very true. That's what my agent suggested too.

If the embassy in Lebanon Gets worse and we don't get visa before end of this financial year hopefully our cases will be transferred to another embassy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anybody know a person in North Lebanon (Tripoli area) that can certify the 888 form for a PMV?

Thanks
Anyone can help?
Sorry I won't be able to help in Lebanon as from my understanding. It needs to be certified in Australia.
However when I was in Dubai and needed to get some legal papers Signed and witnessed for my father in Australia.

I went to a lawyer and asked him to witness and certify for a fee. As he's a registered lawyer. He was able to do that for me.

Keep in mind not all lawyers were able to do that.

While here we can go to the nearest post office or pharmacy/chemist to get witness and certification.

In the gulf/Middle East
It doesn't work this way.

But my legal papers were accepted with the witness and certification from that lawyer in Dubai.

Try that in Lebanon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just go to any pharmacist, make sure to get a copy of his license.. And signed both sides by him.
What are you after ? Baby passport or citizenship?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a false advice!! From you mizilidah.
Dear i was in jordan i went to the village pharmacist and he did that for me .. and we got my daughters citizenship and passport through him. You just have to make sure to take a copy of his license and his phone number and email just in case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear i was in jordan i went to the village pharmacist and he did that for me .. and we got my daughters citizenship and passport through him. You just have to make sure to take a copy of his license and his phone number and email just in case.
As I had quoted, that's what I had done and it worked for me in Dubai as the pharmacist would not sign anything for me.

No false advice given. Just what had worked for me in Dubai. 🙂

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for your response MQadi! It is really helpful.
I am from Italy and I had three 888 forms signed and certified by a consular officer at Milan consulate plus one signed and certified in Australia by a JP for my fiancéè's brother statement.
I also wanted to add my fiancée mother's statement. At the moment she is in Lebanon and we were looking for a quicker way than going down to Beirut at the Australian embassy. So as far as I understand a pharmacist may be good for the purpose!

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
218 Posts
good luck. if you don't mind can you please tell me once you applied did you immediately receive information to get your medical assessment done? as well as an acknowledgment letter to advise they have received your application?
My agent done ours and he does not forward over any correspondence from the department to me. I have been in limbo since applying in April and the only thing he suggests is for me to try visiting my fiance again asap...

I would just like to know exactly what one receives from date of lodgment!

Goodluck with your application!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I am using an agent, can i add an additional person as my authorised nominee without removing the agent?
DET of immigration advised its possible but reading the form they have advised us to complete (form 956), it doesn't look like it's possible.

any help will be appreciated?

·
Registered
30 Posts
good luck. if you don't mind can you please tell me once you applied did you immediately receive information to get your medical assessment done? as well as an acknowledgment letter to advise they have received your application?
My agent done ours and he does not forward over any correspondence from the department to me. I have been in limbo since applying in April and the only thing he suggests is for me to try visiting my fiance again asap...

Hi Adeba! Yes, it immediately popped up the notification to assess Medical Checks. I have done them within 10 days and still waiting. After that, a notification is shown that the Medical Assessment has been done and no further actions need to be taken.
I have lodged the application on November 22nd, so I guess there's still some time to wait.

Best of luck with your application as well!

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm using an agent. And the second he received an email of confirmation of department receiving the application. He forwarded it to us. However nothing else has been forwarded to us.

It's very annoying as I can never see what is happening on the IMMI account and every time I ask my agent if there are any updates. He says nothing yet. 😭

·
Registered
218 Posts
My agent is useless! He won't even give me my TRN off my Immi account. I contacted the embassy in Australia today they advised me to have my fiancé email them and add me as a authorised person on his application as my agent Forwards nothing to me, and doesn't even 'advice' us of anything.

Biggest regret using an unregistered MARA agent. So now I'll be emailing the immigration directly myself.

QUOTE=Mizlidah;1979973]

I'm using an agent. And the second he received an email of confirmation of department receiving the application. He forwarded it to us. However nothing else has been forwarded to us.

It's very annoying as I can never see what is happening on the IMMI account and every time I ask my agent if there are any updates. He says nothing yet. 😭[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do you by any chance know if the application ID on the medical assessment is the same as the Application ID that is on the letter of acknowledgment sent to you when they receive your application?

QUOTE=nellonist;1979959]

Hi Adeba! Yes, it immediately popped up the notification to assess Medical Checks. I have done them within 10 days and still waiting. After that, a notification is shown that the Medical Assessment has been done and no further actions need to be taken.
I have lodged the application on November 22nd, so I guess there's still some time to wait.

Best of luck with your application as well![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you by any chance know if the application ID on the medical assessment is the same as the Application ID that is on the letter of acknowledgment sent to you when they receive your application?

QUOTE=nellonist;1979959]

Best of luck with your application as well!
[/QUOTE]

Reference number of the visa application and HAP number of the health checks are different

·
Registered
215 Posts

It's very annoying as I can never see what is happening on the IMMI account and every time I ask my agent if there are any updates. He says nothing yet. 😭
You can request your agent to "share" your application with your own IMMI account.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online

1361 - 1380 of 1767 Posts