Australia Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if you have all seen the update on the IMMI website...

"Some visa processing times have been affected and applications may take longer to finalise. As a priority, the Department is processing visa applications for travellers who are exempt from our travel restrictions to support urgent travel."

Looks like 309 visas will be prioritised!

Fingers crossed this means faster processing - hopefully some more grants in June...

·
Registered
130 Posts

"Some visa processing times have been affected and applications may take longer to finalise. As a priority, the Department is processing visa applications for travellers who are exempt from our travel restrictions to support urgent travel."

Fingers crossed this means faster processing - hopefully some more grants in June...
Hopefully that's the case. And I also pray that consulate offices to re-open so that they process the 309s. Let's keep hope alive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am sure they are working - I did receive a reply to an web form I submitted last week. Due to public holidays they will be closed Monday and Tuesday and Friday this week.

Hopefully that's the case. And I also pray that consulate offices to re-open so that they process the 309s. Let's keep hope alive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it normal to get zero contact after 10 months of waiting? It says further assessment, but we never got any request for information or interview! I am the applicant, and I studied in Australia for 5 years, so I have a past there and I submitted my police clearance from Australia. (309/100)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, normal. It could be under security check. Nothing will harm if you send them an enquiry through the online enquiry form available on DHA website and touch base about your application.

Is it normal to get zero contact after 10 months of waiting? It says further assessment, but we never got any request for information or interview! I am the applicant, and I studied in Australia for 5 years, so I have a past there and I submitted my police clearance from Australia. (309/100)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for your response, will do that

Yes, normal. It could be under security check. Nothing will harm if you send them an enquiry through the online enquiry form available on DHA website and touch base about your application.

Thank you for your response, will do that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am a member of same Facebook group and not everything published there is true.

The Australian embassy in Beirut published on their website the following :

"Visa processing has continued at a reduced rate throughout recent weeks. Unless advised, client applications have not been transferred and are continuing to be processed in Beirut."

From a Facebook group, her agent told her they stopped until Australian international borders are opened.

Where did you get this information from?

Is it true that beirut office stopped processing 309 visas?

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
From a Facebook group, her agent told her they stopped until Australian international borders are opened.

Not true. My husband and I had our interviews a few weeks back and also received a request to do his medical. The medical clinic he needs to go to is closed at the moment so once it reopens he will complete it and the case officer has advised he will then receive his visa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope you right! Because I did not see any grants for a while for 309 from beirut office. I understand it is slower but slow to an extent no grants are given for 2 months (I am talking about 309 not 300)

Not true. My husband and I had our interviews a few weeks back and also received a request to do his medical. The medical clinic he needs to go to is closed at the moment so once it reopens he will complete it and the case officer has advised he will then receive his visa.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope you right! Because I did not see any grants for a while for 309 from beirut office. I understand it is slower but slow to an extent no grants are given for 2 months (I am talking about 309 not 300)

I can't comment on why no grants on this forum or Facebook pages but I definitely know we were contacted and would have the grant if it weren't for the hold up with our medical.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No they are still processing visas... But there are other delays which may account for the very few grants... IE. Not being able to undertake medical test or get relevant police clearances etc. There was an update that they will prioritise visa applications for those who are exempt from the travel ban (i.e. 309) so there may be delays for prospective partners.. an agent may have got that mixed up ?
I had some communication from the office a week or so ago... Who said they are still processing visas... So I think it is just a manner of delays and things being difficult in any event...

·
Registered
28 Posts
That makes sense! Thank you, I feel so much better.

No they are still processing visas... But there are other delays which may account for the very few grants... IE. Not being able to undertake medical test or get relevant police clearances etc. There was an update that they will prioritise visa applications for those who are exempt from the travel ban (i.e. 309) so there may be delays for prospective partners.. an agent may have got that mixed up ?
I had some communication from the office a week or so ago... Who said they are still processing visas... So I think it is just a manner of delays and things being difficult in any event...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope he gets his medicals done soon and receive your grant 😊

I can't comment on why no grants on this forum or Facebook pages but I definitely know we were contacted and would have the grant if it weren't for the hold up with our medical.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope he gets his medicals done soon and receive your grant 😊

Thanks MimaS.....me too!! Been waiting 22 months now 🙁

1661 - 1680 of 1767 Posts