Australia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's interesting Ayata. I thought it would have been a Lebanese phone number that called you, not a NSW number.
Did you say you spoke directly to Imane or was it someone else.
I can imagine how stressful it is after the interview! You're very close now!
I spoke directly with Imane, I was expecting a Lebanese number too but I think the call gets transferred through Australian Embassy, thats what I concluded from my Google research.
And yes it is stressful, like we are one step closer but I feel like these phase is harder than that year of waiting ahah.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello everyone

I am Australian and fiance is Egyptian living in UAE, we submitted our PMV application on 13 December 18.

Do many of you submit without a migration agent? We didn't use one and now I am worried we should have as I have heard Beirut is a tough office.
Hi Tanya, we didn't use a migration agent either and it seems like most people don't use a migration agent, however I know one girl who used a migration agent for her visa application which was lodged in September but they haven't heard anything back till now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How long does Beirut take to grant Visa after phone interview with c.o? We've reached about a months since and still no news....

It's not fair the Visa grant relies so much on just pure luck because some are granted in a matter of weeks while others are waiting for years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How long does Beirut take to grant Visa after phone interview with c.o? We've reached about a months since and still no news....

It's not fair the Visa grant relies so much on just pure luck because some are granted in a matter of weeks while others are waiting for years.
My fon interview was last dec.
So frustrating..
Specially that we have plans and we are committed to work plus the flight tickets (the earlier the cheaper),,so literally my life is all depending on the grant letter!

·
Registered
53 Posts

It also depends on how quickly you upload documents and evidence but yes I do agree that luck plays an important role

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm going to lodge visa subclass 309 and my partner is in east africa. can someone please help me with a checklists that's needs to be lodge with an online application i want to be fully ready when lodging my application.

thank you

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's interesting Ayata. I thought it would have been a Lebanese phone number that called you, not a NSW number.
Did you say you spoke directly to Imane or was it someone else.
I can imagine how stressful it is after the interview! You're very close now!
I spoke directly with Imane, I was expecting a Lebanese number too but I think the call gets transferred through Australian Embassy, thats what I concluded from my Google research.
And yes it is stressful, like we are one step closer but I feel like these phase is harder than that year of waiting ahah.
o

Ah ok. That makes sense it would go through the embassy here 😊

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very frustrated right now, my fiance just received a call from the embassy requesting more documents, this time they want our marriage certificate from an Islamic Celebrant and from court.
What I didn't understand is why they called to request info and why did they call him?
Unnecessary anxiety at night :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Very frustrated right now, my fiance just received a call from the embassy requesting more documents, this time they want our marriage certificate from an Islamic Celebrant and from court.
What I didn't understand is why they called to request info and why did they call him?
They asked me to submit a marriage contract executed by the government in my home country though it was given to them. However, the request came via email.

Calling and asking your partner to submit it is very weird to me. It should come via email or through immi account as there will be a deadline for it with a failure to submit on time resulting in visa refusal or delay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Look on the bright side, at least your application is being processed and not sitting somewhere collecting dust..

·
Registered
53 Posts
They asked me to submit a marriage contract executed by the government in my home country though it was given to them. However, the request came via email.

Calling and asking your partner to submit it is very weird to me. It should come via email or through immi account as there will be a deadline for it with a failure to submit on time resulting in visa refusal or delay.
Yeah thats the thing I dont understand, it seems like they are in rush for some reason, I sent the requested documents 10 mins after they called, I'm feeling very hopeful at least I know they are working on it and I have feeling we'll be granted the visa very soon.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife had her interview in Dec-18 and after that nothing happened. Therefore, it would take some time and better to be patient.
Yeah my fiance had interview in March. Was told by my acquaintance that their PMV got granted less than month post interview.

However, all of us currently applied since circa mid-2018 are sadly subject to longer grant times due to a myriad of reasons all not working in our favour.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Yeah my fiance had interview in March. Was told by my acquaintance that their PMV got granted less than month post interview.

However, all of us currently applied since circa mid-2018 are sadly subject to longer grant times due to a myriad of reasons all not working in our favour.
My agent has brought up this thing with them. This is because they have everything ready so there is no reason for not granting the visa. They said we are still within average processing time and interviews, asking for documents is only standard procedure to complete the file.

If you guys unhappy with Beirut office you can complain to immigration. it is our right. Below is the link for which my agent used to complain

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

If more people providing negative feedback, immigration will start cracking down on them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife had her interview in Dec-18 and after that nothing happened. Therefore, it would take some time and better to be patient.

Yeah, that's how I'm looking at things right now, I hope you hear some good news soon.
Thankyou. It's hard, but we have no choice but to wait. Hope you get your grant soon.
The circumstances that happened during our application is unfortunate, but let's hope for the best, thanks for you kind wishes.

·
Registered
53 Posts

My agent has brought up this thing with them. This is because they have everything ready so there is no reason for not granting the visa. They said we are still within average processing time and interviews, asking for documents is only standard procedure to complete the file.

If you guys unhappy with Beirut office you can complain to immigration. it is our right. Below is the link for which my agent used to complain

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

If more people providing negative feedback, immigration will start cracking down on them.
I'll wait till next month if I dont hear back from them I'll be more than happy to file a complaint against them.

161 - 180 of 1767 Posts