Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are currently in the process of applying for the offshore 309 Partner visa through the London office and just had a few questions.

Firstly we are a bit concerned about having sufficient evidence that we have been living together for 12 months. When I moved in to her place a bit over a year ago my name was not added to the lease to avoid admin fees and a potential increase in rent (very common in London). I managed to update my address with the bank the following month and we opened a joint account in Feb 2017. The statements from the joint account are the only letters addressed to us both at the correct address. As they start in Feb 2017 is it advisable to wait until 12 months from then to apply? Otherwise we will just be relying on letters addressed to us separately, or the odd transfer of rent from my account to hers.
Unfortunately my name is not on any bills either so we will be relying heavily on letters addressed to us separately. I am hoping that this will be enough evidence.

If we are successful does anyone know if there is a time frame in which you have to enter Australia from the date the visa is granted?

Also due to processing times if the visa is not granted before we plan on moving to Oz in 9-10 months, my understanding is that my girlfriend will need to enter on a tourist visa and then potentially a bridging visa depending on delays. Is this correct?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So for a 309 she needs to be offshore for a grant. She can enter on a tourist visa, but you need to make sure Home Affairs knows so they can advise her to go off-shore for her grant (think heading to NZ or Bali for at least 5 working days).

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be good if you can provide joint account documents and some old whatsapp or any other chat.
Try to get some further evidence like job offer letter where the common address is mentioned.
Regarding the time visa grant time frame, we cannot be sure and you will be granted with a 309 visa not a tourist visa.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It would be good if you can provide joint account documents and some old whatsapp or any other chat.
Try to get some further evidence like job offer letter where the common address is mentioned.
Regarding the time visa grant time frame, we cannot be sure and you will be granted with a 309 visa not a tourist visa.
I wonder why your web-site does not have a Migration Agent Registration Number or even a Qualified Education Agent Counsellor number on it ?

Maybe I just can't find it...

Since you are claiming to provide migration services, I'm sure you are aware of clause 2.12 of the Code of Conduct:

2.11 A registered migration agent must, when advertising:
(a) include in the advertisement the words "Migration Agents Registration Number" or "MARN",
followed by the agent's individual registration number

Note 1: Advertising includes advertising on the Internet.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
She can enter on a visitor visa to accompany you to Australia, but she won't get a bridging visa. Bridging visas are only issued when a subsequent onshore application is made. She can remain on the visitor visa until it expires or possibly DHA will first tell her to go offshore so that they can grant the 309 visa.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
In an earlier thread you were asked if you are a registered migration agent and your reply was "Yes we are". "We" cannot be a migration agent, only individuals are migration agents. If you are a registered migration agent you are required to include your name and MARN # in your signature, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.