Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I met my soon - to - be husband in December 2017 and we are getting married in July 2018 (I know... quicker than light :p). I have a couple of questions related to the 309 subclass visa process:

A. Confusion 1: can i lodge the application of 309 partner visa in may 1st week and submit the marriage certificate later in July 1st week. a lot of agents promised that it is easily doable but i am concerned if there is any restricted window for upload of all documents and losing 7000 AUD for saving 2 months is unwise.

B. Confusion 2: As per Indian laws and customs the bride and groom cannot stay together. So i literally have nothing to write or proof to substantiate "nature of household" and "finance" field. Can i provide these proofs after lodging my application i.e. payment of fee or will it be looked negatively by the CO?
I am really confused cos the 820 visa will help me gather proofs but (a) has such long processing times of 20-24 months and (b) not getting quality work on bridging visa will lead to "career suicide".
If i go along the 309 route to save time I dont have a lot of evidence to prove that i am genuinely in love with my fiance.
Prospective marriage visa 300 will lead to 9 more months of wait cos after getting the visa i need to apply for 820 and wait for another 20-24 months. working on a bridging visa is more of a horror (as read in the forum)
Finding a life partner now seems easier than complying by these immigration statutes. Any help will be greatly appericiated.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think your best bet is to sit down with an Australian based RMA, pay for a consult and hash out a plan and pathway to bring your soon to be wife to Australia.

Reactions: Mish

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
You should speak to an experienced registered migration agent.

It is not always which is quicker it is which visa do you have the required evidence for.

Also just so you know there are a lot of professional people: IT, marketing, HR etc that can't get a job in their field until they get PR.

Also immigration do not have to accept any evidence you have provided after you lodge so it is better to have gathered the evidence before you lodge. For example if lodge in July and provide bank statements for August immigration do not have to accept them.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Seeing how the PMV doesn't require any de facto evidence, it seems like it exists for situations such as yours.

As already recommended, you should speak to a professional RMA. They'd be able to advise you if your particular circumstances would even qualify you for a partner visa or if your best option at success is the PMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.