Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

My wife was sponsered by his father and granted a BC 100 visa together with the rest of the family in spetember 2014. I traveld to pakistan and we got married on december 2014. She traveld to Australia on 22. january 2015 for the first time.

If I apply for partner migration visa 309, will be there a question for the department regarding our marriage and her visa? She was frequently asked during a phon call interview in june 2014 if she was in a relationship and she denied.

we have had contact over internett for more than tow years. We got engaged 10 december and married 20 december.

I am living in Norway :)

Appreciate alle the answers :):)

cheers!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello Everyone.

My wife was sponsered by his father and granted a BC 100 visa together with the rest of the family in spetember 2014. I traveld to pakistan and we got married on december 2014. She traveld to Australia on 22. january 2015 for the first time.

If I apply for partner migration visa 309, will be there a question for the department regarding our marriage and her visa? She was frequently asked during a phon call interview in june 2014 if she was in a relationship and she denied.

we have had contact over internett for more than tow years. We got engaged 10 december and married 20 december.

I am living in Norway :)

Appreciate alle the answers :):)

cheers!
If she was asked in june, then its fine, you are in relationship from dec(legally) and you may have to skip that previous relationship record
You can apply for partner visa creating evidences from Dec.
I just see this a way, not sure you should go this way
Better to wait for someone else"s advice

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
If she was asked in june, then its fine, you are in relationship from dec(legally) and you may have to skip that previous relationship record
You can apply for partner visa creating evidences from Dec.
I just see this a way, not sure you should go this way
Better to wait for someone else"s advice
I think you best see a registered migration agent, you have a lot of explaining to do, as on paper you met and married your wife between June and December, a relatively short space of time. Likewise you have been married a month before she leaves you and comes to Australia.
Definitely a job for an expert.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Hi habhed

Welcome to the forum :).

I just want to check that your wife got her 100 as a dependent of her mother's visa (ie. Your wife's step father was the sponsor).

After you confirm that I will give my thoughts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys

Yes my wife got her 100 as dependent child of her parents. Her farther immigrated to Australia for 5 years ago and sponsored his family. He is Australian citizen.

Regards

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
My opinion is that you need an expert.

Her saying she is not with anyone and being a dependent on her mum's spouse visa then a few months after it was granted could raise serious alarm bells with DIBP. It sounds like DIBP wanted to make sure she was a dependent and not in a relationship with anyone.

She has lied to DIBP already this could be really bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My opinion is that you need an expert.

Her saying she is not with anyone and being a dependent on her mum's spouse visa then a few months after it was granted could raise serious alarm bells with DIBP. It sounds like DIBP wanted to make sure she was a dependent and not in a relationship with anyone.

She has lied to DIBP already this could be really bad.
Thank you Mish

As I saied we hade some contact over internett but we were never in a relationship as I never met her in person. She couldn't tell DIBP that he knows some on on the internett who lives in Norway. In that time she was neither independent nor dopendent of me.

Ok med en expert help :)

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Oh ... the way you said it made it sound like you were in a relationship for that time.

So you met and married first time you met?

Have you been to visit her in Australia? Do you send her money to support her? What about her living with you in Norway?

Sorry for the questions but they are some that DIBP may ask you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes we got engaged and married first time we met.

I have sent her money in Australia and support her yes.

Its difficult for me to travel to Australia befor im done schooling next year. I m taking a double degree at university (sivil engineering + BIM) plus part time jobb.

It would difintly ease my life if she could settle down in Norway. She wishes to live atound her family and I can't deny it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can't go to a few weeks during your summer? Because that would be good evidence.
I have permanent residence permit in Norway. I applied for visitor 600 for my Easter vacation, but it was refused. Embassy means that I will not return back to Norway and will stay in Australia.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
I have permanent residence permit in Norway. I applied for visitor 600 for my Easter vacation, but it was refused. Embassy means that I will not return back to Norway and will stay in Australia.
Your wife can apply for a family sponsored visitor visa for you from Australia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your wife can apply for a family sponsored visitor visa for you from Australia.
What if I apply for 300 and attend an official marriage ceremony in Australia in order to register our marriage. Because our marriage is not registered anywhere in Pakistan. We had just a traditional ceremony.

Or where can my wife register that she is engaged or married? What is the process?

Thank you so much Mish :)

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
What if I apply for 300 and attend an official marriage ceremony in Australia in order to register our marriage. Because our marriage is not registered anywhere in Pakistan. We had just a traditional ceremony.

Or where can my wife register that she is engaged or married? What is the process?

Thank you so much Mish :)
It has to be officially done in Pakistan to be legal in Australia. If it is only a religious marriage that is an entirely different story. For religious marriages because they are not legal you can apply for a 300 and then get married in Australia after first entry to Australia.

If you make the marriage official in Pakistan then you can't apply for a 300.

I just wanted to confirm that your wife is over 18 years old just because I know in Pakistan they get married under 18.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wife is 23. Our marriage is not registered anywere as I saied. Will it be still a question for DIBP if I apply for a 300? And which document do we need to prove our engagement?

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
My wife is 23. Our marriage is not registered anywere as I saied. Will it be still a question for DIBP if I apply for a 300? And which document do we need to prove our engagement?
Make sure you don't refer to her as your wife and say that you are religiously married if you mention it. Some people mention it and others don't it is up to you.

Your fiancée will need to get a notice of intended marriage lodge in Australia with a celebrant and you lodge that with the application along with other evidence. You always call it a commitment ceremony or something like that just don't call her your wife in the application.

You said you are a PR of Norway what nationality is your passport? Just that sometimes that can make the processing take longer due to security checks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im an Afghan citize with no passport. I have a norwegian travel document. I have lived in Norway for six years and will apply for Norwegian citizenship next year in April as it requires to live for seven years to get citizenship. Im not worried if it takes some longer time. I am not finish with my studies before next year in Jun/July.

If I woll be granted a visa before Jun, can I wait until Im done with my school? The visa is for nine months. Doese it require when you shall enter Australia?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.