Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My boyfriend and I were looking to move to Australia next year so I’ve applied for my 309 visa on Tuesday 6th of February in UK as the current processing time stated 11-15 months.

I was surprised to receive an email on Friday 9th asking for additional info (10 years worth of addresses for both, police certificate, medical and my birth certificate) and 70 days to respond.

During my application I did upload some of the documents to prove our relationship but I thought I would load more information this weekend (more pictures, joint travel tickets etc).

My two questions are:
1) Is that normal for such a quick turnaround re additional info as I’ve been reading here and it seems it takes at least couple of months to be requested this
2) once we provide everything how quickly is it likely to get approved? We are going to Australia for two week holiday in 5 weeks so would be great if I could validate my visa then ( wishful thinking!)

Thanks
Tanya

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I'm afraid that is probably VERY wishful thinking. It's not uncommon for someone to look at your case and see if you're missing anything and request that additional information right away. If they've given you 70 days to fulfill it, there's almost no way they'd look at it before that 70 days is up anyway. I'm afraid all you can do is wait and see, but I wouldn't sit around holding your breath. ;) While the UK's turnaround time for 309s is quicker than most, it's definitely not THAT quick. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CollegeGirl,

Thought so! I’ll upload additional evidence of relationship at the same time then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.