Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,

I am going through the emotional rollercoaster which is this 309 partner visa.

It has been now one year since application, we are still waiting for it to be approved. We cannot plan anything my own government is in the way of our lives.

I've called & emailed the department of home affairs on multiple occasions, they cannot give an eta only saying all applications are done within the 13-16 month timeframe.

It has come to a point where I am about to leave & disown my own country to be with my love.

What are peoples thoughts, experiences in this area? As I will sell everything soon & be with my wife.

This length of time in my own line of work the department of home affairs would be off procurement, it is a very slow & unsympathetic department. They should be ashamed of the processing times.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
My thoughts to you are to hold tight. The wait is horrible and everyone suffers it. But the day the grant comes through, you'll forget all about it and only look to the future. It'll all be in the past soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you mate it is horrible & impersonal. I've never known such a painful process.

I see these au pair visas granted it makes me furious & almost makes me want to do something irrational.

I'll wait a little longer but not past December, I'll be gone & with my wife perhaps even take legal action against my own government.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sorry if I'm being too candid and playing the devils advocate.
The processing times haven't really charged much over the last few years so when you applied it was about the same as now, always better to allow for the worst.
About it being impersonal, they have to be. Given all the fake applications trying to base on heart strings they really have to be. My wife was told "someone say" that is you get married and get pregnant that you get visa quick 100%... Obviously be.
At the time average turn around was 5 months but due to a increase to beat rate rises it took 12 months 11 days. that was 4 years ago.
The au pair crap and he has gone on ray Hadley to say he doesn't see an issue with it..... I'll leave it at that.....
But am curious to what legal grounds you think you might take, your circumstances are no different to anyone else's.

Honestly all the best and I hope it all works out for you. But you need to be careful with forums as they are a double edge sword, great for info. but seeing Visa grants if people who applied after is frustrating.

Thank you mate it is horrible & impersonal. I've never known such a painful process.

I see these au pair visas granted it makes me furious & almost makes me want to do something irrational.

I'll wait a little longer but not past December, I'll be gone & with my wife perhaps even take legal action against my own government.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I sympathise with your plight.

One problem we have in Australia is that the vast majority of the population know very little about our migration system and could not give a stuff about what migrants ( or their Australian partners) have to go through.

That is, until they are personally affected. Then there is great frustration and anger towards the government and even other migrants.

Sadly, those not affected tend not to care, whether it is little children rotting away on Nauru , skilled migrants being refused visas on minor technicalities or loved ones being kept apart.

The current anti-migrant sentiments in segments of the population, which is slyly being exploited by certain politicians, doesn’t help matters either. There is a suspicion that numbers are being slashed by stealth. One way of doing this is by slowing down processing.

As long as the majority doesn’t care, nothing will change. I encourage you to share your frustration with your local MP.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.