Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can give any advice from their own previous experiences or knowledge on partner visa 309.

I am an Australian citizen (born) and my partner is Indian citizen. We met in 2016, began a relationship in 2017 and then applied for a partner visa in 2018.

we had a slight hiccup when applying for this visa, my partner was on a student visa and we invested in a migration agent to assist us with applying for this visa. He failed to apply for the visa before my partners student visa expired therefore causing my partner to technically 'overstay' but this was unaware to us as the agent was in control of applying for the visa but had an error with dates of expiry of his student visa.

we quickly got a short bridging visa until he flew out which was in April on 2018, I went to India with him and we got married in April 2018.
I then had to return back to uni and then went back over in July to visit him and then returned to Australia again for uni and have just come back from being over in India for 7 weeks to see him.

the visa was applied for offshore on the 04/04/18. we have given evidence such as phone call history and message history as well as photos taken while I was visiting him in India in April, July and Dec-feb

we have tried multiple time for tourist visas, all which have been refused and I'm constantly worrying as we haven't had any updates or been contacted and its coming on 11 months.

I am worried that we are not supplying enough or doing enough and that they may refuse on the basis of him overstaying his student visa in 2017 by a few days due to agent error or that we don't have enough evidence.

if anyone can give any advice it would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.