Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone could help me figure some things out.

I moved to SA to be with my husband and the first part of my Partner Visa has been finalised earlier this year and we are now waiting on the second part!

Yesterday my husband was wondering if I still need my private health insurance as I have had medicare for about a year now? And we both feel like Private health insurance is just an unnecessary expense every month.

I was also wondering if I can cancel it do I need to contact anyone to let them know that I have done so?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Careful to watch out for age too! If you are over 31 and don’t have private health insurance you will be liable for the lifetime health cover loading which will be applied if you ever take out private health cover.

I believe from my research that if you are over 31 when your temp visa is granted, you have up to a year to get insurance before the loading is calculated and applied

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Careful to watch out for age too! If you are over 31 and don't have private health insurance you will be liable for the lifetime health cover loading which will be applied if you ever take out private health cover.

I believe from my research that if you are over 31 when your temp visa is granted, you have up to a year to get insurance before the loading is calculated and applied
I'm just turning 21 in January and have no health issues I don't drive at the moment so my hub and I are living off of his wage so paying 180$ every month for health insurance puts a bit of strain on us

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.