Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
If you haven't sponsored someone previously and were not sponsored yourself, then they must have their wires crossed.

Is there anything in your application they could have misinterpreted ?

Reactions: Naftak

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Not the case I'm afraid. I'm actually a bit scared that my ex could have done something, like submit a visa form by herself from America. But then I would've had to sign it, right? (Which I didn't do).
Yep would need a signature in addition would need your birth certificate and passport copies certified. So they would have had to have access to those documents.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you find out!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
We visited the offices today and received some bad news. As it turns out, a few years ago I applied for a 309 visa with my previous spouse. The relationship ended there soon after. This is quite bad, right?

I have drafted an email to the case office handling our Visa application asking how this might effect our Partner Visa application. Should I assume the worst?
You did apply for a partner visa, but you had forgotten about it ????

If a previous partner visa was granted, you should definitely assume the worst, unless one of the exceptional circumstances apply.

Reactions: Valentine1981

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
We visited the offices today and received some bad news. As it turns out, a few years ago I applied for a 309 visa with my previous spouse. The relationship ended there soon after. This is quite bad, right?

I have drafted an email to the case office handling our Visa application asking how this might effect our Partner Visa application. Should I assume the worst?
I always thought that it didn't count unless you were granted the visa ... confused.

Did you withdraw the application or was it granted?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You said earlier you didn't sign any paperwork, and wondered if your ex-spouse applied on her own. Did you sponsor her after all? And was the visa granted?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
There would have been no issue if the visa had not been granted. First thing to do is to establish exactly that.If you are 100 % sure you didn't sign anything was the visa obtained fraudulently ?

Waivers are hard to come by, so it is likely that you are looking at a refusal of the partner visa if the sponsorship ban is still in place.

·
Registered
688 Posts
It wasn't granted, does that count for anything?
Wonderful,

How comes that a perons forgots a whole visa application made in recent years by him/herself? In you earlier post, you said that you have NEVER sign any application? How do you again admit that you made a 309 application? Was it valid and you have not signed? I dont think so.

The thing is that if the application was never be successful, DIBP wouldnt applied the law that bans another sponsor within a period of 5 years. It seems that the visa was granted. The other fault is that the never reported the broke of you relationship with your previous partner.

You expect a refusal UNLESS y
Waiver is available for this case which I dont think.

Goodluck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Loving someone is an important business, and sponsoring someone on a partner visa application is a serious affair. How the heck on Earth people forgot such a big commitment of their life? I don't think I can believe your story baby, and you should be punished more than just ban!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Interesting! This forum is getting much more interesting recently.
:)
I've been drunk in my days..
but to forget that I lodged a so involved application. ..
I feel sorry for the situation you're in, NAFTAK,
I really do..
But still..

I really hope this will work out in a positive way.
Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.