Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
OP: Have you been able to confirm if the previous visa was approved?

Also how long ago did your ex apply for it?

·
Registered
688 Posts
OP: Have you been able to confirm if the previous visa was approved?

Also how long ago did your ex apply for it?
Mish,

According to my understanding, based on the quotation in the mail from DIBP, the visa was approved. I understand(Could be wrong) that they count any successfull application.

For this case, we would like to hear from more Migration experts to make clear for us if the ban is applicable on only successful sponsorship or any partner application is counted regardless of the outcome.

Very interesting.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
According to my understanding, based on the quotation in the mail from DIBP, the visa was approved. I understand(Could be wrong) that they count any successfull application.
I was asking because sometimes case officers makes mistakes and maybe it wasn't approved. Not very likely but I am hopeful for the OP that it wasn't approved.

If it was approved the OP is probably kicking himself now for not withdrawing the application.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't think I can believe your story baby, and you should be punished more than just ban!
What a ridiculous comment to make. Every time I read a comment from you, you seem to be abusing a forum member.

If you can't offer any useful information then don't say anything at all.

I used to love this forum because there was no silly abusive comments made like I saw on other forums - thus it felt like more of a community. I come on less and less these days because they seem to be becoming more frequent.

We do not know the OP's background or circumstances. So who are we to judge? If his last partner was granted a 309 this obviously puts him in a sticky situation, something he wasn't aware of. That doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't mean he should be berated for it by people on here.

Best of luck OP, I would speak to IMMI again and clarify that the 309 was in fact granted. If it was you will need to wait 5 years from the date the application was lodged to make an application for your current partner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Maybe my comment a little bit tough, inhuman, ridiculous (or whatever you might call), but it is so true that it stink when someone told you that they forgot they once sponsored their partner to come into Aussie permanently.

I support freedom of speech, and I am not here to only say things that please someone's ears, so ban me if you want!

What a ridiculous comment to make. Every time I read a comment from you, you seem to be abusing a forum member.

If you can't offer any useful information then don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yep, what can I say, I'm a bloody idiot with a terrible memory. My relationship is probably going to be ruined, I'm glad that interests you.
With all due respect to your predicament. There are a lot of us on here who have sponsored/been sponsored and the sheer amount of information we had to gather for our applications + the cost + the waiting = an experience that nothing short of a major head trauma causing memory loss would ever make us forget...it's not like losing your sunglasses or car keys. The whole situation where you were adamant you had never sponsored a partner to then being told by immigration that you have - it's not a situation I think we have ever seen on this forum!!

I think your best bet is to consult a MARA registered agent to see what your options are...

First you really need to find out the details of this previous application - date of application/if it was granted etc...All the documents required + the stat decs from Australian citizens to support the application...I cannot imagine how anyone could have falsified an entire application without your knowledge....

As has been mentioned previously....if the visa was granted then unless any of the waiver conditions apply you will most likely have to wait for the 5 years to pass before you can sponsor again.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
First you really need to find out the details of this previous application - date of application/if it was granted etc...All the documents required + the stat decs from Australian citizens to support the application...I cannot imagine how anyone could have falsified an entire application without your knowledge....
I imagine it would be quite easy if they were already in the process of getting ready to apply and then they break up. The ex would have all the required forms etc already signed ready to go and could have gone on to submit without the OP's knowledge. Since DIBP don't notify the sponsor the sponsor is none the wiser.

IF it was lodged without the OP's knowledge he may have a case I would imagine. But proving it was without his knowledge would be the hard part.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You could try and retrieve form 40 SP through FOI and check the signatures for starters.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Maybe my comment a little bit tough, inhuman, ridiculous (or whatever you might call), but it is so true that it stink when someone told you that they forgot they once sponsored their partner to come into Aussie permanently.

I support freedom of speech, and I am not here to only say things that please someone's ears, so ban me if you want!
Nothing wrong with freedom of speech - when you have all the facts.

Maybe he was aware of the application but was under the impression that it was not lodged or that it was withdrawn...either way who are you to make such a rude comment?

I hope you never go through a situation where you need assistance and receive nothing but abuse from people you were hoping could offer help during a stressful time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nothing wrong with freedom of speech - when you have all the facts.

Maybe he was aware of the application but was under the impression that it was not lodged or that it was withdrawn...either way who are you to make such a rude comment?

I hope you never go through a situation where you need assistance and receive nothing but abuse from people you were hoping could offer help during a stressful time.
I hope one person cannot harm the whole forum members. We are ready to assist the OP as much as we can. We cant wish bad omen to happen to anybody who wants our support. I would suggest that negative commemts should not be posted. You help or refrain from posting any negative and rude statement against anybody.

Hassan

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I imagine it would be quite easy if they were already in the process of getting ready to apply and then they break up. The ex would have all the required forms etc already signed ready to go and could have gone on to submit without the OP's knowledge. Since DIBP don't notify the sponsor the sponsor is none the wiser.

IF it was lodged without the OP's knowledge he may have a case I would imagine. But proving it was without his knowledge would be the hard part.
You can say this for 309/820, but what about the second stage of the visa? Can that be the same case too? Highly unlikely.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
I'm dealing with a similar case at the moment and have advised the sponsor not to lodge another application until we are sure if the previous sponsorship went through or not.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You can say this for 309/820, but what about the second stage of the visa? Can that be the same case too? Highly unlikely.
Maybe only the temporary visa was approved. That is sufficient for the sponsor to be subject to the sponsorship limitation. The ex might even be no longer in Australia...

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have to say this forum is a bastion of sensibility at times, a rock to most they can depend on, a haven of information that has no doubt helped hundreds if not thousands find a new life for themselves and that must be applauded

but every now and then we get whoppers like this thread. how under the wide canopy of Jesus do you forget you lodge a partner visa application. its one of the most time consuming, money consuming, emotionally draining experiences of your lifetime and to 'forget' you lodged one is just not believable

i have some sympathy for the op, we cannot help who we love but his actions in lodging a second visa is exactly why so many of us try to find fortitude here. is it any reason dibp are cynical at best when it comes to visas when you have a situation like this. a few weeks back we had some other guy saying he ditched his last wife who was his sponsor and now wants to marry some other sort.
then we have people crying foul and racism when they dont get their own way despite more holes being in their story that a block of swiss cheese

im sorry to all i offend with this post but sometimes this place can literally leave you breathless

·
Registered
202 Posts
With all respect..
But how hard can it be to find out what happened to an application that one has previously sponsored?
If one contact the immigration, surely they would be able to say:
You have previously sponsored this and that..
And also : You can beacause of this not at all , or not before this date, sponsor someone else..

Can it be more difficult than that..?

Now, also if someone gets sad because someone else finds it funny, that a sponsor forgot if the one that the sponsor had a serious partnership with, that very sponsor can't recall if an application ( which is a quite involved procedure and expense) was made or not..
That's not mean.
That is actually quite funny.. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
The issue and topic at hand is whether the OP can sponsor his current partner.

Whether it's possible to forget sponsoring a previous partner is not up for debate. Please limit comments to information about what the OP can do in his current situation.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
With all respect..
But how hard can it be to find out what happened to an application that one has previously sponsored?
If one contact the immigration, surely they would be able to say:
You have previously sponsored this and that..
And also : You can beacause of this not at all , or not before this date, sponsor someone else..

Can it be more difficult than that..?
It is actually quite difficult, because of privacy legislation. You don't get this information just by contacting Immigration.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
The issue and topic at hand is whether the OP can sponsor his current partner.

Whether it's possible to forget sponsoring a previous partner is not up for debate. Please limit comments to information about what the OP can do in his current situation.
I strongly urge the OP to get some professional advice on this. If he has in fact previously sponsored someone and failed (intentionally or not) to declare it, then the applicant may be subject to a refusal and public interest criteria 4020.

I think this is quite a sensitive matter, best not discussed on a public forum.

Reactions: Maggie-May24

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is actually quite difficult, because of privacy legislation. You don't get this information just by contacting Immigration.
Oh, sorry
I was under the impression that the sponsor had been to the DIBP and made enquiries. .
I must have got it wrong.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.