Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently on the temporary visa 800 and waiting for my permanent visa.

My grant notice says:
"You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the Department will write to you and invite to provide further information."

I am now passed the two year mark from the date of lodgement of my application and I have not heard anything back from the department. I anticipated they would ask me for further information, but all I've had is silence.

Is this normal or is there anything I need to be doing to start my 801 assessment?

I'm conscious of how long this whole process takes and I do not want to delay it any further... the whole process is draining :(

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hi,

I'm currently on the temporary visa 800 and waiting for my permanent visa.

My grant notice says:
"You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the Department will write to you and invite to provide further information."

I am now passed the two year mark from the date of lodgement of my application and I have not heard anything back from the department. I anticipated they would ask me for further information, but all I've had is silence.

Is this normal or is there anything I need to be doing to start my 801 assessment?

I'm conscious of how long this whole process takes and I do not want to delay it any further... the whole process is draining :(

:confused::confused::confused:
Unfortunately, things have changed since your 820 grant and the department no longer notifies people of their 801 eligibility. So don't expect them to inform you of it.

You don't apply for the 801 as you already have. The application was made when you paid the fee and submitted the combined 820/801 application (notice it's 820/801 and not just 820). Two years after that application date, you become eligible for the 801. You do need to submit documentation for this stage once eligible.

Best place for you to start is here. Read step 5, click the link to the calculator, answer yes and yes, and you'll be taken to a checklist of what needs to be done.

First step is to log in to immi, click "New application", and select "Stage 2". You'll then need to fill out the form completely, after which you'll be able to access the upload section to upload your supporting documentation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, things have changed since your 820 grant and the department no longer notifies people of their 801 eligibility. So don't expect them to inform you of it.

You don't apply for the 801 as you already have. The application was made when you paid the fee and submitted the combined 820/801 application (notice it's 820/801 and not just 820). Two years after that application date, you become eligible for the 801. You do need to submit documentation for this stage once eligible.

Best place for you to start is here. Read step 5, click the link to the calculator, answer yes and yes, and you'll be taken to a checklist of what needs to be done.

First step is to log in to immi, click "New application", and select "Stage 2". You'll then need to fill out the form completely, after which you'll be able to access the upload section to upload your supporting documentation.
Wow why don't they tell people this :confused:

Thank you so much for the update, it's really appreciated! :) I was reading some peoples posts and I thought this was the case so I had to ask to be sure.

The department is a mess, can't wait to be done with this :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.