Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am reaching out to others who have applied around the same time as I have.
We applied onshore April 25th 2017 and we received one email 14 months ago for myself ( sponsor ) to get AFP check and we have not heard anything since. It is now 23 months and I would have thought we would have been granted the 820 but nothing. I have read that the visa processing for some are taking up to 3 yrs instead of the 20 - 26 months as stated on Immigration website.
Are there any suggestions of what I should do. I called Immigration call centre and they were of no help.
We are still uploading photos and evidence of our relationship and since the application we had a baby and another one on the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Waiting time

Hi everyone,

We are still uploading photos and evidence of our relationship and since the application we had a baby and another one on the way.
At least with a Baby and another on the way, i don't think you will have any problem with evidence :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
If it were me, I'd wait until you hit the 24 months mark, upload more evidence since the 820 application to show your still ongoing and genuine, then send an enquiry stating you've provided the requested info and ask if they need anything else to finish processing your visa. Because once you hit that 24 months mark, they might grant you both the 820 and the 801. If that happens, then that would be great and you'd skip the extra waiting time for the 801.

But remember, you're still within the standard waiting times, so hang in there. It's really hard waiting on the grant...but at least you're with your partner and children. Congrats on the new addition! :)

Reactions: Liiza

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Dear Westly,

Please could you contact the DHA about the problem with my application as it was way beyond the average processing time of 90% of all the applications? You can not wait until after 3 months to do any action as even my Medicare is expired within 2 months. For this year, they only renew for me until the 10th of May, 2019.
I copy the Medicare card and standard processing time on the DHA website for your reference.
Thanks for your prompt action.
Regards
Xxx

Sent: Sunday, 10 March 2019 12:02 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.