Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Partner Visa

I have been in a relationship with my partner for 7 years and I have been here in Australia to visit him 5 times and the months we have lived with each other are almost 12 months. The only doubt we have is the 12 months required for the defacto relationship. I come from Africa, can we register our relationship or is it like marriage?

· Registered
5 Posts
Partner Visa

I am in Melbourne Australia and I come from Zambia. We met in Zambia and were together for two years before he came to australia. I was studying at the time hence the separation. just counted the months we have lived together in one house, they are over 12 months with long periods of separation and only 10 months with limited. I am anxious, the application is pretty much ready, except for the 12 months that I am worried about.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys. I see, I think I will wait till I make my 12 months, one more month or so.They make it soooo hard. Imagine if we could just use the evidence we have as couples during the course of the relationship. 7 years in a relationship and enough evidence. Any way rules and laws are there for a reason. Still frustrating, thanks Mish and College girl. You guys are helpful. What was your experience with immigration?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.