Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yep, still waiting here, too, though hoping for a good result soon. :)

· Registered
117 Posts
Hello everyone,

My onshore subclass 820/801 thru Prospective Marriage Visa subclass 300, is granted in one day.

I applied by post in Parramatta on June 3, 2014, acknowledged to have received it by Aus Immigration in Sydney on June 04, 2014, visa grant date is June 5, 2014. Actualy it is one day short of my birthday which is June 6, That was an unexpected gift to me.

I want to share with you the tips if anyone is willing. Anyhow, I also got the idea of the presentation of docs from a member in this site. The applicant is British,26 years old and his sponsor is Australian also 26 years old. But, don't get me wrong, I am 58 as applicant(Filipino) and my sponsor is 63(Australian). Every applicationis different in every respect but the basic presentation is always the same. It was a guide but a very helpful guide.

To all members here who contributed their thoughts and experiences, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you, you have helped me a lot in my prearation. To the moderator, College Girl, and to others, thank you for sharing your ideas and for this site.

To those wating, it will come,just be patient.

To Imac366,your tips on the presentation did a lot in my preparation. I followed your style but modified some since we have different scenarios. True to your speculation, your presentation style is accurately vivid to anyone who will see and evaluate the application. I guess and I believed good presentation makes it easier for them to assess.

Thank you IMAC366.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hello everyone,

My onshore subclass 820/801 thru Prospective Marriage Visa subclass 300, is granted in one day.

I applied by post in Parramatta on June 3, 2014, acknowledged to have received it by Aus Immigration in Sydney on June 04, 2014, visa grant date is June 5, 2014. Actualy it is one day short of my birthday which is June 6, That was an unexpected gift to me.

I want to share with you the tips if anyone is willing. Anyhow, I also got the idea of the presentation of docs from a member in this site. The applicant is British,26 years old and his sponsor is Australian also 26 years old. But, don't get me wrong, I am 58 as applicant(Filipino) and my sponsor is 63(Australian). Every applicationis different in every respect but the basic presentation is always the same. It was a guide but a very helpful guide.

To all members here who contributed their thoughts and experiences, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you, you have helped me a lot in my prearation. To the moderator, College Girl, and to others, thank you for sharing your ideas and for this site.

To those wating, it will come,just be patient.

To Imac366,your tips on the presentation did a lot in my preparation. I followed your style but modified some since we have different scenarios. True to your speculation, your presentation style is accurately vivid to anyone who will see and evaluate the application. I guess and I believed good presentation makes it easier for them to assess.

Thank you IMAC366.
That is such great news! Well done you!! I haven't check on this forum for about a year and I just hopped on as a friend of mine is just about to go through the process and I wanted to send them a link to this to help them out. Seeing your comment has literally made my day! Congrats on the visa! (Even though this reply is over a year late... :) )

· Premium Member
8,885 Posts
That is such great news! Well done you!! I haven't check on this forum for about a year and I just hopped on as a friend of mine is just about to go through the process and I wanted to send them a link to this to help them out. Seeing your comment has literally made my day! Congrats on the visa! (Even though this reply is over a year late... :) )
lmac - It's not uncommon to get a very fast result when applying from Prospective Marriage Visa to 820. If your friend is NOT applying from a Prospective Marriage Visa, they should expect to wait 12 to 15 months.

Reactions: Dinkum

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
lmac - It's not uncommon to get a very fast result when applying from Prospective Marriage Visa to 820. If your friend is NOT applying from a Prospective Marriage Visa, they should expect to wait 12 to 15 months.
Hey :) My friends are applying for the onshore partner visa. They have a similar relationship timeline to us so I've got my fingers crossed for them getting a temp visa quickly!

· Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone. I am also in the process of collating all the required documents for subclass 820. I would like to clarify what's on the check list: It says that 'applicant should have an adequate health insurance in Australia'. Does this mean that I need to have a private health first such as joining medibank before I could lodge the application? I believe that one can apply in medicare once the acknowledgement letter from this visa has been received.

Can someone please enlighten me with this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanking in advance

Leafcat

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi everyone. I am also in the process of collating all the required documents for subclass 820. I would like to clarify what's on the check list: It says that 'applicant should have an adequate health insurance in Australia'. Does this mean that I need to have a private health first such as joining medibank before I could lodge the application? I believe that one can apply in medicare once the acknowledgement letter from this visa has been received.

Can someone please enlighten me with this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanking in advance

Leafcat
Hey Leafcat!

You could check to see if the your country has a Reciprocal Healthcare Agreement with Australia. I am from the UK so I was covered by medicare over here meaning taking out private health was optional. If you are already in Australia on any kind of visa and your country has a healthcare agreement you are eligible for a medicare card :)
If not, it might be a case of taking out private health insurance. If I were you, I would give immigration a call to confirm (I called them about 20 times while prepping my visa app and spent far too many hours on hold but it was worth it in the long run!)

Hope this helps :)

· Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Private health insurance is NOT required for the 820. That checklist is wrong. DIBP has confirmed it's wrong (someone else on the forum rung to ask) but still they haven't changed it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.