Australia Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
You are currently at 13 months for the 801. (5 July 2021 to 7 August 2022.)

The last figures, between January and March, showed that 25% of applications took over 12 months to be finalised. I am guessing that it may be longer now with the staff shortages.
Been checking my emails religiously for 13 months so well aware :)

The company I work for would like to send me on a course but the fees are charged at international rates for temporary residents. The clock is ticking for me being able to book it before the closing date. The difference in fees is quite a lot so they probably won't pay for international fees. 馃槙
It's just frustrating having no idea - the difference between 75% of applications processed in 12 months to 90% in 21 months is a large gap.

Registered
It's just frustrating having no idea - the difference between 75% of applications processed in 12 months to 90% in 21 months is a large gap.
That actually means that 15% took between 12 and 21 months, with 10% taking over 21 months.

Registered
Has anyone noticed they updated the 801 page on the 2nd of August? It now says you need to fill out a form80 and you need a police certificate for every country you have lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years! My application home page hasn't been updated with a section to upload a form 80 like on my 820 application. I guess I will submit one under the "other" section.

Registered
Hi everyone, what's your experience in getting the bridging visa after lodging the onshore partner visa 820/801? I paid and submitted a day ago and have only received an acknowledgement email. How long did you have to wait before getting the bridging visa? thanks

Registered
Hi everyone, what's your experience in getting the bridging visa after lodging the onshore partner visa 820/801? I paid and submitted a day ago and have only received an acknowledgement email. How long did you have to wait before getting the bridging visa? thanks
Are you talking about a Briding Visa A or bridging visa B?

Registered
Ooft, processing times for 801 just went up significantly:
  • 25% of applications: 7 Months
  • 50% of applications: 10 Months
  • 75% of applications: 13 Months
  • 90% of applications: 23 Months
Just noticed this, despite the current policy being that partner visas are demand driven and not capped. I wonder if human resources are directed to reviewing work visas these days given the media attention.

Registered
Just noticed this, despite the current policy being that partner visas are demand driven and not capped. I wonder if human resources are directed to reviewing work visas these days given the media attention.
Immigration are being directed to those overseas applying for permanent skilled visas, due to the media attention.

Partner visas were prioritised during COVID. It is now changing back round.

Registered
Ooft, processing times for 801 just went up significantly:
  • 25% of applications: 7 Months
  • 50% of applications: 10 Months
  • 75% of applications: 13 Months
  • 90% of applications: 23 Months
Immigration are being directed to those overseas applying for permanent skilled visas, due to the media attention.

Partner visas were prioritised during COVID. It is now changing back round.
Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to have my 820 processed in 3 months early 2021 when family visas were prioritised and I was wondering what sort of processing time I will be looking at for my 801 which I will be eligible to apply from early 2023, like mentioned above, it seems like the new focus will be on skilled worker visas.

I just saw on the previous page the previous processing times and this is quite an increase. Are these processing times a prediction or based on the past couple of months?

Registered
Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to have my 820 processed in 3 months early 2021 when family visas were prioritised and I was wondering what sort of processing time I will be looking at for my 801 which I will be eligible to apply from early 2023, like mentioned above, it seems like the new focus will be on skilled worker visas.

I just saw on the previous page the previous processing times and this is quite an increase. Are these processing times a prediction or based on the past couple of months?
It is the statistics for how old the visas were that were processed in the last month, although it is notable that they were updated recently for the first time in several months as it looks like they were rolling out a new processing times webpage. Hopefully they will keep them up to date more frequently moving forward.

Registered
It is the statistics for how old the visas were that were processed in the last month, although it is notable that they were updated recently for the first time in several months as it looks like they were rolling out a new processing times webpage. Hopefully they will keep them up to date more frequently moving forward.
I鈥檝e been checking the process time on the website and it seems they usually update the processing time every one or two months. Last update was a couple of months ago and the 25% process time was 3 months, then it changed to 7 months on the latest update. I recently have just submitted 801 and been in a relationship for about 5 years. Hopefully it won鈥檛 take too long to process.

Registered
They are the times for visas finalised in July.
The can never really predict any accurate times.

They have said that they have been trying to process some of the older applications, hence some of the longer times than usual.

Reactions: Arese

Registered

They have said that they have been trying to process some of the older applications, hence some of the longer times than usual.
What factors would affect the process time? Or are they just simply process the applicants who submit first?

Registered
Good to know, thanks for the info. So these processing times are somehow accurate. I always assumed that they were voluntarily inflated by the department so people didn't complain and to create the illusion that they were "overdelivering" when they would process applications faster than what was advertised.

I鈥檝e been checking the process time on the website and it seems they usually update the processing time every one or two months. Last update was a couple of months ago and the 25% process time was 3 months, then it changed to 7 months on the latest update. I recently have just submitted 801 and been in a relationship for about 5 years. Hopefully it won鈥檛 take too long to process.
Interesting, I guess now that I know that this data is accurate I'll keep an eye on it too.
Hope you get your 801 soon mate

Out of curiosity, where did you see that they were trying to process some of the older applications? Is there an official page when they release some sort of official updates? If yes have you got a link? I'd love to be able to follow that

Thanks everyone for the answers, helps a lot.

Registered
What factors would affect the process time? Or are they just simply process the applicants who submit first?
They start the processing in order, but it will change based on individual applications.
Some people don't include all necessary information or documents with the application. This causes the issue of RFIs and therefore delays.
Some applications might need more checking with the home country, and some countries respond faster than others.

Registered
Processing times went up again as I鈥檝e checked today:

25%: 7 months (no change)
50%: 9 months (down by 1 month)
75%: 16 months (up 3 months)
90%: 23 months (no change)
Yeah, it's reassuring the numbers are being updated now at least. Feels like they are processing some applications. When there were no updates and no one was posting on here that they had been granted their visas it felt like there was nothing happening.
I've been waiting nearly 15 months now for my 801. Hoping for it to be granted any day now!!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts