Australia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The global processing times are listed on the website and have been posted above.

I'm within the normal range.
No extra info has been asked. I have provided everything including police clearance and my situation is an easy one, no complications.
How long is your relationship? I’m wondering what’s the criteria to determine the process time if you have provided all the docs and your case is straight forward. The uncertainty is worrisome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long is your relationship? I’m wondering what’s the criteria to determine the process time if you have provided all the docs and your case is straight forward. The uncertainty is worrisome.
5 years. Living together for 4.5years. I'm from Ireland so a "low risk" country too. My 820 was processed in 18 months which was within the 50-75% processing range at the time. It was granted in January 2021. My RFI for my 820 was just for our police certs.
I've uploaded them already to this application.

So hoping I'm processed within the 50-75% range of applications again. Processing time is up to 16months now for that volume of applications. Which would mean up to November for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just received 820/801 Double Grant this week! Yay!

Thought I’d just post our timeline!

Feb 2019 - Started Relationship
Mar 2019 - Started living together
Apr 2019 - Register Relationship
Oct 2019 - Applied Partner Visa 820/801

Oct 2020 - Received “Application in Progress”
Apr 2021 - Received “Application in Progress”
Oct 2021 - Received “Application in Progress”
Apr 2022 - Received “Application in Progress”

Uploaded every 6 months,
-Photo Timelines
-Relationship Statements
-Joint Bank Account statements
-Joint Credit Card statements
-Lease Agreements (Moved apartment x 4)

June 2022 received S56 to get Medical

June 2022 DOUBLE GRANT Visa 820/801

We didn’t need to apply for 801 as we hadn’t received our 820 lol

We did the entire application ourselves no help from any agent!

Total waiting time from application 32 months!

Gosh the waiting time is a killer! But we are both so happy we made it through the process! Just struggled a bit with not hearing anything for almost 3 years. And seeing so many people get the 820 within months! But we made it and now can relax!

Take it easy and if everything is honest with your relationship and application there will be no problems!

We been chatting so much about this process and how much we appreciate the journey in the end. Ups and Downs but all worth it in the end!
Take it easy! Time to enjoy and relax now! Hehe
Hi Kaj,

Just wanted to ask how did you upload your additional documents every 6 months? Were they all collated into one PDF (photos, bank statements etc) or did you upload each document in their respective sections? We've passed the 6 month mark since lodging our application and was confused on how I should upload our updated documents. Also were your relationship statements describing the four pillars again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I already submit every document and photos
Even I sent every month photos to update
My application is paper based
Plz anyone who also same timeline
I am stressed
My child also become 2 years last month and still no update 😌😔

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I already submit every document and photos
Even I sent every month photos to update
My application is paper based
Plz anyone who also same timeline
I am stressed
My child also become 2 years last month and still no update 😌😔
What is the applicants nationality? I thought all partner visa applications were online now.

Reactions: Test-unicorn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

Just hit the submit button on my partners 801 application!

Timeline so far:
  • Became a couple in June 2019
  • Started living together in September 2019
  • I submitted a front loaded application for 820/801 submitted in October 2020
  • Received a noticed for health/police checks in April 2021 and uploaded both within three weeks
  • Received 820 grant in May 2021
  • Submitted 801 application with all required documents on 14 October 2022

Now the waiting game 2.0 begins!

Best of luck to everyone who is just starting or in the middle of the process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,

For everyone in this Visa journey, just wanted to share an update of our timeline. We got granted our 820 Visa on Oct 8th 2022 (only waited 6 months for the grant!) I literally cried tears of joy!

Our Timeline:
  • Relationship started April 2019 (Was in a long distance relationship until February 2021)
  • De Facto Relationship started July 2020 (also registered our relationship in Victoria)
  • Submitted Partner Visa Application March 2022
  • Received a noticed for health/police checks in July 2022 (all submitted within a month)
  • Received 820 Grant in October 2022
Good luck with everyone - I was so surprised our 820 was granted in 6 months of applying, hopefully you will all receive good news soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there
I am waiting for the 820 portion of my visa

a) Applied August 19th, 2022 and uploaded everything (including Police Clearances from Canada and the UK)
b) Medical completed August 25th, 2022
c) Started dating November 1, 2019 (was LDR but have known each other for many years)
d) Moved in together July 2021
e) Married January 2022
f) Lodged our application onshore as above

I have just started the waiting so don’t expect anything anytime soon ! Wishing everyone on here good luck 🤞

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tomorrow the government is announcing the 2022-23 budget and I read online that there could be further funding to the Home Affairs department to further reduce processing times by hiring more staff.
When Albanese took office, they addressed the issue of visa waiting time right away unlocking 36.1 million to hire up to 500 people for nine months to help address wait times.

I also learned something interesting, In 2014 the Morison government cut fundings to Home Affairs by a whopping $875 million over four years. This is why in 2019, before COVID, waiting times ballooned up to like 24 months. I thought it was normal and how it has always been but it was actually the consequence of the Morison government.

Let's see but at least the Albanese government has acknowledged the issue with regard to long processing times on multiple occasions so we can hope that this is on their agenda.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Blowing my 1 year 820 application candle this week.

• Applied Oct 2021 with migration agent.
  • Request for further evidence Oct 2022(first time hearing anything from the department)

Hopefully We’ll hear back soon…
They requested further evidence despite the fact you have used a migration agent? What did you pay them for?
I'd be very annoyed at the agent.

I applied for my 820 without an agent and my application was approved without any request for further evidence.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Applied for my wife in July 21
She received a request to do health check and police check in September 22.
All submitted last week.
How long you think this going to take?
Is asking to do the health check a good sign or not so?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Applied for my wife in July 21
She received a request to do health check and police check in September 22.
All submitted last week.
How long you think this going to take?
Is asking to do the health check a good sign or not so?
The median average processing time for Subclass 820 Partner visas, that were finalised in August 2022, was 9 Months.

Yours could be more, or less, depending on many different factors.

Some people get a decision within a month or two from being asked for Medicals etc. Others get asked again after 12 months, when they expire.

A good application, with no issues, stands a better chance of a faster grant than a poor application.

Reactions: Aburayan

·
Registered
2 Posts
They requested further evidence despite the fact you have used a migration agent? What did you pay them for? I'd be very annoyed at the agent. I applied for my 820 without an agent and my application was approved without any request for further evidence.
Thanks Árese, Do not get me started on issues we’ve had with the migration agent because I will probably crash this site. They've been a nightmare, and I paid them over 4K for peace of mind because I work full time. They take 1-3 months to complete paperwork and in the end we literally got asked to provide evidence for everything again after a year. At one point I tried contacting relevant authorities to see if I could get my money back. They felt bad and made some suggestions but told me to tread lightly because its not my best interest to get on a migration agents bad side. Absolutely powerless :)

61 - 80 of 137 Posts