Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this page and i have some dilemma in terms of lodging partner visa 820/801 as a de facto partner.

So little background about our relationship is that we are together for 3 years now and we were away from each other for 9 months because he came back here in Australia and also went to New Zealand, my partner was back in Aus again from New Zealand last May and since then he was looking for job but until now he hasn't found one yet. And we are planning to lodge our partner visa early next year before my TV expires.

1. Is it a bad move if we will lodge our application if he doesn't have a job yet?
  2. And currently, we are living with his mum at their house but his mum also pays for bills and other necessities that are needed at home. I am thinking that we cant really provide something as heavy as the rental receipt or car receipt that will be under the nature of household.
  3. But when he was in my country we have receipts that were under our names because he was in my country for 2 years and was working there.We don't have joint bank accounts during those times tho because he was the only one working and i was still at Uni that time but he isn't the one supporting me to attend Uni.
  4. With those problems, is it still safe to lodge for the visa or wait until he can get a job so that we will be able to provide nature of household and financial aspect of the relationship.

Thank you for the answers :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have you filed for de facto with your state? I filed de facto- got a certificate from ACT but married before the 820 was finalized.

Do you have joint bank accounts now?

Can you prove you were in a relationship for 3 years and have really good evidence its serious now?

Do any government bodies know about the relationship aka centrelink?

I didn't have a job when I filed for 820 or any personal savings. My partner who is the AUS resident paid for everything but we lived on our own and supported ourselves. So in the nature of the household we talked about how he paid bills and I helped mainly around the house to compensate (house wife).

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. It doesn't matter whether your husband have a job or not. You just need to prove the relationship is genuine.
2. I have just provided a statutory declaration to describe nature of household
3. Clearly you have proofs.
4. I have provided statutory declaration for nature of household and financial aspect of relationship. You can provide proofs for 2 years when he was working. Think about centerlink payments? I am sure if you think you will be able to collect enough proofs.

you know each other for 3 years. In my case, we know each other for 2 months only so we got married and file the application and the visa was granted.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, yes we have registered relationship but we are going to have joint bank accounts now since i just came back from philippines.

and yes we have receipts from our old apartment way back in Ph and also i am thinking of attaching his passport stamp to prove also that he was in the philippines before and photos as well

yeah centerlink knows our relationship because when he applied i was recognized as his partner. We are still gathering informations about our situation so that we can apply and lodge the partner visa.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,we are together for 3 years already but we were separated for 9 months when he came back to Australia last year.

Im just scared that we will be denied coz we are still living with his mum and he is still looking for a job.Also, his mum will help us with the financial stuff that we need. im wondering if she can make a statutory declaration that she is willing to help us.

Thanks xx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like we are not together in the same place/ the same country for a certain amount of time but we still communicate every day. He went back to Australia to be with his family and also New Zealand to find work there thinking that it is easier to find a job but it isnt. While i am in the Philippines finishing my Uni.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
like we are not together in the same place/ the same country for a certain amount of time but we still communicate every day. He went back to Australia to be with his family and also New Zealand to find work there thinking that it is easier to find a job but it isnt. While i am in the Philippines finishing my Uni.
So during that time you lived apart but maintained a relationship to the exclusion of all others?

If that's the case and you can show that for 3 years then it would be worth asking about the 801 if they don't grant it at the same time as your 820, as you may find you are eligible.

When you apply make sure you upload strong evidence going back for the entirety of the 3 years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah but as of the moment i am still doing checklist on what we can include on our application because at the moment we cant really fill the nature of household evidence that much because everything is provided by his mum so all i can put is the previous year during the time that we are in the Philippines. And in financial i cant really give a share to him coz i dont have work when i arrived here because i am under Visitor's visa and when we were in PH i was still in Uni. :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi mania, not really all the time, there is just span of time he did because i am supported by my family in my study and also, i am attending it for free because of scholarship.

Do you think it is a big problem to prove that we are genuine if we are still living with his mum and doesnt pay anything?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
hi mania, not really all the time, there is just span of time he did because i am supported by my family in my study and also, i am attending it for free because of scholarship.

Do you think it is a big problem to prove that we are genuine if we are still living with his mum and doesnt pay anything?
Not at all, besides that strengthens the social side as it shows the relationship is accepted.

He doesn't need to be supporting all the time, but money moving between or in one direction would constitute financial commitment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much. It helps a lot. I am very anxious about getting this visa because if it will fail the amount is so huge and it will be a waste.

I am just starting to fill the form online. Did you got this visa as well?

xx

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm about 2 years in front of where you are, just coming up to being eligible to put in further information for the 801 stage. ^ the reason for my questioning is if your eligible to push for direct to 801 you will save yourself about 2 years in the process and the need to supply more evidence midway thru (like me)

On a side note if you have any worry about the application, it may be benificial to get an RMA to have a look over it before you submit, yes it's more money but if they save you the potential loss or having to go thru the appeals process it's worth a few hundred bucks - in my opinion at least.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think we are not going to get RMA because its very very expensive and my partner doesn't have job yet so, i am just reading blogs and asking people who tried lodging theirs to atleast have some idea and references on what to put. After filling up the form 47sp online do we have to pay the amount after that? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.