Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we are in a de facto relationship and at the moment we are with the partner visa, a couple of days ago I was curious to see if everything was allright with my visa status, and noticed that the visa has changed:
Visa Description: Resident
Visa class / subclass: BS/801
Visa applicant: primary
Visa grant date: same as 820 visa grant date
Visa status: In Effect
Period of saty: Indefinite
Visa type: Permanent resident or citizen

Today i've contacted my migration agent who says that i'm not under the 801 but i'm still under the 820 and that my eligibility for the permanent stage is in july 2018 after paying his fees.

Who is right? The VEVO or the migration agent? There is a way to check by calling somebody about my visa status?
Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hi all, we are in a de facto relationship and at the moment we are with the partner visa, a couple of days ago I was curious to see if everything was allright with my visa status, and noticed that the visa has changed:
Visa Description: Resident
Visa class / subclass: BS/801
Visa applicant: primary
Visa grant date: same as 820 visa grant date
Visa status: In Effect
Period of saty: Indefinite
Visa type: Permanent resident or citizen

Today i've contacted my migration agent who says that i'm not under the 801 but i'm still under the 820 and that my eligibility for the permanent stage is in july 2018 after paying his fees.

Who is right? The VEVO or the migration agent? There is a way to check by calling somebody about my visa status?
Thank you for the reply.
When did you submit the 820/801 application, and how long had you been together at that point?

Some people get the 820 and 801 at the same time, depending on relationship length and possibly children.

I would assume VEVO would normally be correct, although... anything is possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are together since march 2012 and we lodged the application in may 2016 then, the 820 has been granted in april 2017.
My partner wasn't citizen when we met, and she acquired the australian citizenship by descent in the year 2014.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
We are together since march 2012 and we lodged the application in may 2016 then, the 820 has been granted in april 2017.
My partner wasn't citizen when we met, and she acquired the australian citizenship by descent in the year 2014.
From Immigration:

If, at the time you apply, you have been in a long term relationship with your partner, your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) visa may be granted immediately after the temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) visa.
We consider you have been in a long term relationship, at the time you lodged your application, if you had been with your partner for either:
  • three years or more
  • two years or more and you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship.
I would say VEVO is looking like it might be correct, you may have been PR since April 2017.

I am tempted to ask who your migration agent was.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Looks like to me that you were granted PR straight after you were granted the temporary partner visa. Your migration agent has either missed the grant of the permanent visa (but how could he, really) or he is having a lend of you...

I'd make an initial polite inquiry to see if he has the grant letter of the permanent visa and maybe has forgotten to pass it on to you ? Must be quite annoying if you were PR all this time without knowing it.

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You mention paying his fees. Is this only for the future 801 application, which it looks like may not be required?

The agent has no more work to do, so nothing more to pay, I would assume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For legal reason i'm not gonna say the name of the migration agent yet, but is located in the north Sydney area. He was looking and working really professionally, always correct and gentle. I'm gonna send a mail right now asking to check again maybe.

There are third parties websites or companies where to see what's my real status? And eventually there's gonna be an other stage other then the 801 or that's it? No more fees?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
For legal reason i'm not gonna say the name of the migration agent yet, but is located in the north Sydney area. He was looking and working really professionally, always correct and gentle. I'm gonna send a mail right now asking to check again maybe.

There are third parties websites or companies where to see what's my real status? And eventually there's gonna be an other stage other then the 801 or that's it? No more fees?
Vevo is the one that employers etc., rely on. And if that says you are PR then that's it.
After that comes Citizenship, and you may actually be eligible to apply for that this coming April, 2018, if you have been in Australia for 4 years under various visas.

You could possibly contact immigration for a copy of the 801 Grant, but they may say print it from VEVO.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Your RMA should sort this pretty well straight away.
I agree. It might be just a matter of misunderstanding or mis communication.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.