Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm trying to apply for the Partner visa and the problem is they ask for documents that show you and your partner share financial responsibilities, for example:mortgage or lease documents showing joint ownership or rental of propertyloan documents of major assets such as homes, cars or major appliances in both namesjoint bank accountshousehold bills in both names. I met my partner when she came to Australia for a holiday and we got married in Vietnam I was only in Vietnam for a month and we don't have any of them documents.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
It is regrettable that you got married so quickly, as a Prospective Marriage Visa would have been a better option for you. Now you are facing the difficult task of creating relationship evidence while living in different countries.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
What they said.

Australia doesn't just hand out migration visas just because people are married. Married or not, the evidence requirements must be met or the visa will be refused.
I constantly come across people who basically limit their options by rushing into marriage, before getting any information about the cumbersome migration process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is regrettable that you got married so quickly, as a Prospective Marriage Visa would have been a better option for you. Now you are facing the difficult task of creating relationship evidence while living in different countries.
hi, i'm new here and i'm wondering how does PMV helps in creating relationship evidence? won't the marriage cert be suffice to prove the relationship?

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Yes we can, then we get up to 9 months to prove our relationship is true and ongoing in 4 different categories with the documents being evidence of that.

Then apply for the onshore Partner Visa (820) with all of our evidence - we do that again at the third stage.

·
Registered
710 Posts
a PMV is a visa in itself, and then feeds to the partner visa. it's more for people who haven't been able to live together. the main condition is that you've physically met and are committed to each other.
but it's off the table now.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
hi, i'm new here and i'm wondering how does PMV helps in creating relationship evidence? won't the marriage cert be suffice to prove the relationship?
The evidence required for a PMV is much less than for a partner visa.

Being married by itself is not enough to be granted a partner visa; you still need to meet the overall relationship requirements.

My point was that it is difficult and may take a long time to create the required relationship evidence when you live in 2 different countries. With the PMV you would use a very different approach, but once you're married that's no longer an option.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Such a nice thing to hear. I'd love to marry my fiance, but must wait now we've submitted the pmv application! We lived together for just on 12 months but our agent recommended the pmv and I'm glad now after seeing what's involved in the partner visa process!

While I'm here... I have a few general queries about the pmv evidence. We got engaged almost a year ago, he has the ring he'd bought me that was too big and when I returned home I chose and purchased a new ring in Australia. I have a photo of just my hand with the original ring on it while we were still overseas but nothing else so should we bother to submit this? Also should we submit the ring receipt for the one I purchased? We saw each other recently and have incidental photos of us that also show the new ring. Should we submit these also? I'm rambling sorry just wondering how important this is. Also for 888s, we have one from a family member and one from a mutual friend. We could get more from non-aussie citizens but we were advised that we should both be in contact regularly with the witnesses and in these other cases only one of us maintains the regular contact although the witness knows us both as individuals and as a couple from when we lived together overseas. How important is having regular contact with the witnesses? Sorry for such a long post, tired after a long day. Thanks in advance!
We did PMV and never had rings at all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.