Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Partner Visa 820 and 801 HELP

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  panda 
#1 ·
Hey All,

I am applying for my Partner Visa this weekend :D
I have A few questions before I actually get started so I don't mess things up lol

1. Do you pay the cost of the visa first and then submit all of the forms and documents??

2. With that being said, do I have to upload everything immediately or can I upload everything over a span of a couple of days??

3. Ive printed out the 40sp and the 47sp and manually filled them out, will there be an option to upload those forms so that I don't have to fill them out online as well?

Any advice or inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Victoria

#2 ·
1/ You have to pay and lodge the application before you can start uploading the documents.
2/ You can upload the documents over a few days.
3/ You don't print them and fill them out and upload them. The application for for the applicant and sponsor are in place of the forms. The applicants form you have to fill out anyway, so you may as well do the one for the sponsor as well. The thing to remember is that they both will take up upload slots if you fill them out and upload them. For some people they run out of upload slots, so it is always good to to use them for unnecessary items.

#3 ·
The online 40sp & 47sp forms are slightly different to what you printed.
You need to know ALL family members addresses (like sister) and wedding dates if they are married.
Also there are written questions to answer about relationship and household. I think it is 4 questions. (keep hitting save or it times out).

#4 ·
Lets Clarify

Hello once again, every day i am here finding the answers!

Wanted some simple 'Yes & No' answers if possible, some I would love more clarification on.
hopefully will be able to summarise it for a lot of people applying.

It is all about the formalities of the visa, less about evidence etc.

Applying ONLINE

1. Police checks needed by both sponsor and applicant?
2. Health check needed by applicant only or both?
3. Applying online, colour scans are sufficient (no certification required)?
4a. Form 888 are only forms need certification/witness?
4b. Form 888 needs two witnesses or one?
5. Do other stat decs....(Not form 888) need certifying/witnessing?
EG: stat dec from friend to say we play badminton every week...etc
EG: stat dec from sponsor and applicant about history/household duties
EG: stat dec from sponsors employer on history of work

6. Final question is a little harder....I am on a student visa right now, will end March 2016, Bridging Visa will then take effect.....my course finishes (not in session) in december....will my work rights go back to full time capability or will i have to apply for full work rights to be put on?

Cheers Guys. June 1st is when we will apply! #Nervous

#5 ·
Hello once again, every day i am here finding the answers!

Wanted some simple 'Yes & No' answers if possible, some I would love more clarification on.
hopefully will be able to summarise it for a lot of people applying.

It is all about the formalities of the visa, less about evidence etc.

Applying ONLINE

1. Police checks needed by both sponsor and applicant?
2. Health check needed by applicant only or both?
3. Applying online, colour scans are sufficient (no certification required)?
4a. Form 888 are only forms need certification/witness?
4b. Form 888 needs two witnesses or one?
5. Do other stat decs....(Not form 888) need certifying/witnessing?
EG: stat dec from friend to say we play badminton every week...etc
EG: stat dec from sponsor and applicant about history/household duties
EG: stat dec from sponsors employer on history of work

6. Final question is a little harder....I am on a student visa right now, will end March 2016, Bridging Visa will then take effect.....my course finishes (not in session) in december....will my work rights go back to full time capability or will i have to apply for full work rights to be put on?

Cheers Guys. June 1st is when we will apply! #Nervous
1) only applicant
2) only applicant
3) yes
4a ) only 888 need to be witnessed when signing
4b) you need two witnesses who know you and your partner to complete form 888 and they both need to sign in front of JP or other qualified people listed in the first page.
5) yes all Stat Dec need to be witnessed. If it is just a statement then you only need to sign and date it
6) I have seen some posts here that have same situation like you. I think in this case, you will get full work rights when your bridging visa in effect

#6 ·
1. Only applicant, unless there is a child involve
6. keep in mind you will have full work right ONLY when bridging kicks in. in this case you should be ok as you lodge online.

I applied paper. there was a gap which not allow me to work at all since my student exp, lodged before it exp few days and wait for about 1 week to get TR, not even bridging. lol

#7 ·
6. Your bridging visa will not take effect until your student visa expires, so you have to comply with the working conditions of your student visa until March 2016. I *think* you have full work rights on a student visa when your course is not in session so you may be able to work full time from Dec. 2015. But perhaps someone more experienced with student visas can confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.