Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone applied for Partner visa 820/801 onshore and have not been issued with the stage 1 temporary visa grant.

We applied online April 2017 ( see timeline on signiture ) and uploaded everything we possibly could in regards to evidence and still not been granted the 820 temp visa.
It is frustrating because we cannot go any further to begin the second stage 801 until we have been granted the temp visa and it has now been 23 months.
I called Immigration and asked if I should submit the 4 categories of evidence applicable for stage 2 now and if that would grant the 820 or both the 820 & 802 PR, but he said NO because if it is being looking at and stating it is processing then they have everything they need.

Unsure what to do as it has been a very long process. :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
You're still within the current "normal" time frame.

Probably just need a bit more patience. :)

Processing times
75% of applications: 20 months
90% of applications: 26 months

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're still within the current "normal" time frame.

Probably just need a bit more patience. :)

Processing times
75% of applications: 20 months
90% of applications: 26 months
Yes I know i am within the global normal time frame but why are some people being granted the stage 1 temp visa part before the normal time frame and eligible to start stage 2. My concern is that stage 2 will then take just as long to process.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Yes I know i am within the global normal time frame but why are some people being granted the stage 1 temp visa part before the normal time frame and eligible to start stage 2. My concern is that stage 2 will then take just as long to process.
You normally do the permanent visa stage 2 years after the application was first lodged, so that period is the same for everybody, unless the permanent visa is granted immediately after the temporary one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You normally do the permanent visa stage 2 years after the application was first lodged, so that period is the same for everybody, unless the permanent visa is granted immediately after the temporary one.
Hi Nick,
Yes, I am aware of this. Perhaps I haven't explained myself properly.
From my understanding you can't even start the NEW application for stage 2 on Immi account unless you have been granted the Temp visa because it simply will not allow you to do it.

I went onto the applicants Immi account ( my partner ) and selected NEW application just to see what it did in curiosity and below is the copy of details it says below.

My question is, what happens after 26 months when the global processing time has ceased and we have not been granted temporary visa ( stage 1 ). This was my question to customer service this morning and they had no answer.
Even though we would be entitled to ask for an update of what is happening with our visa, we simply cannot go any further at all until the visa is granted, or like you said and others the stage 1 granted before the date. I am hoping that both 820/801 are granted at the same time as I have still been submitting evidence of photos, holidays and bookings, social events etc etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details that come up if I choose NO to not receiving the temp partner visa...

Current visa details
Does the applicant currently hold a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820 or subclass 309)?

Does the applicant currently hold a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820 or subclass 309)?
Yes No ( I selected NO) and the below details came up.

Obtaining the permanent partner visa is a two-stage process. To be eligible to apply for a permanent partner visa the applicant must first be granted a temporary partner visa. This form is for current holders of Temporary Partner visas to provide information required to process the permanent stage of their application.

To lodge an initial partner visa complete the form titled Application for migration to Australia by a partner. The applicant will not be able to continue with this application until they have applied for and been granted a temporary partner visa. The applicant should review the eligibility information on our website.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
My question is, what happens after 26 months when the global processing time has ceased and we have not been granted temporary visa ( stage 1) .
I wonder about that too, as the global processing shows that 10% of applications took over 26 months in January.

I would assume that they have to respond to questions after the 90% timeline , ie: after 26 months.

If everything required has been uploaded I can only imagine that they are having difficulty in checking some of the proofs provided.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder about that too, as the global processing shows that 10% of applications took over 26 months in January.

I would assume that they have to respond to questions after the 90% timeline , ie: after 26 months.

If everything required has been uploaded I can only imagine that they are having difficulty in checking some of the proofs provided.
Yes, this is my concern. Your stuck and cannot really go any further and the customer service agents can never give any answers.
The fact that after 26 months the visa application status is just saying "received" which is in our case shows that it hasn't progressed for the last 23 months.

I have absolutely no idea where we are sitting TBH, No CO has contacted us. It is like the application is in Idle. I have also done the sponsor part of the visa application at the same time as the visa application. So everything is uploaded and if they are having difficulty getting proof, I would have thought we would have heard from them to provide more substantial evidence.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
774 Posts
What I've seen on here is that those people that went beyond the 2 year mark, waiting on the 820, were then asked for updated information showing the ongoing relationship and/or were granted both the 820 visa and the 801 visa at the same time. If it were me, I would just add more information from when you applied for the 820 to present, do stat decs for both applicant and sponsor to cover the four categories since you applied for the 820 and upload those. Then, after that, see if they grant both your 820 visa AND the 801 visa after you've hit that 24 month mark. That would actually be a great outcome, as then you wouldn't have to worry about doing the 2nd stage and the waiting for that. It's possible that is what they are waiting on. If it were me, I'd be happy to hit the 24 month mark, as then it's possible to get the 820 followed immediately by the 801. So, don't lose hope. Upload more recent evidences showing your ongoing relationship and then wait to see what happens. Best of luck!

Reactions: Liiza and Mish

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Honestly it may be a blessing for you. If it has been 24 months or more when they assess the 820 then they will grant both the 820 and 801 at the same time. Therefore if someone lodged their 820/801 the same day as you can got their 820 one year after that, there is a huge possibility that you will receive the 801 before them. Think of it is as a positive not a negative at this stage.

Just keep uploading updated evidence.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I've seen on here is that those people that went beyond the 2 year mark, waiting on the 820, were then asked for updated information showing the ongoing relationship and/or were granted both the 820 visa and the 801 visa at the same time. If it were me, I would just add more information from when you applied for the 820 to present, do stat decs for both applicant and sponsor to cover the four categories since you applied for the 820 and upload those. Then, after that, see if they grant both your 820 visa AND the 801 visa after you've hit that 24 month mark. That would actually be a great outcome, as then you wouldn't have to worry about doing the 2nd stage and the waiting for that. It's possible that is what they are waiting on. If it were me, I'd be happy to hit the 24 month mark, as then it's possible to get the 820 followed immediately by the 801. So, don't lose hope. Upload more recent evidences showing your ongoing relationship and then wait to see what happens. Best of luck!
Thank you for the advise and LadyRogueRayne, I will do a fresh stat dec and get my partner to do one as well and upload them. We haven't been asked to renew our lease agreement and it just continuing but I have uploaded the Inspection notices showing we are still living at the same address and the letters are addressed in both names. I uploaded updated utility bills also. I have uploaded recent holiday photos,bookings etc. I will upload bank account info and hopefully that is enough for now unless they ask for further evidence. Do you think all of these are enough?

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly it may be a blessing for you. If it has been 24 months or more when they assess the 820 then they will grant both the 820 and 801 at the same time. Therefore if someone lodged their 820/801 the same day as you can got their 820 one year after that, there is a huge possibility that you will receive the 801 before them. Think of it is as a positive not a negative at this stage.

Just keep uploading updated evidence.
Thanks Mish, always great to get your feedback xx :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thank you for the advise and LadyRogueRayne, I will do a fresh stat dec and get my partner to do one as well and upload them. We haven't been asked to renew our lease agreement and it just continuing but I have uploaded the Inspection notices showing we are still living at the same address and the letters are addressed in both names. I uploaded updated utility bills also. I have uploaded recent holiday photos,bookings etc. I will upload bank account info and hopefully that is enough for now unless they ask for further evidence. Do you think all of these are enough?
It all sounds good to me. Just stay positive and hope that when you get your grant, it's for both the 820 and the 801. :)

Reactions: Liiza

·
Registered
2 Posts
I totally feel your pain, i am now waiting 27 months, 2 weeks of 28 months. I have called them a number of times and i keep getting told its a waiting game. Im so frustrated as we are planning to build a house and i need the approval for my visa to present to the bank.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I totally feel your pain, i am now waiting 27 months, 2 weeks of 28 months. I have called them a number of times and i keep getting told its a waiting game. Im so frustrated as we are planning to build a house and i need the approval for my visa to present to the bank.
You are beyond the waiting times. You need to file a complaint, wait 2 weeks and if nothing is done, contact the Ombudsman.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It all sounds good to me. Just stay positive and hope that when you get your grant, it's for both the 820 and the 801. :)
I emailed immigration a few days ago and today we received an email from the temporary visa team requesting an AFP check for the Applicant.
I have been working on updated Stat Dec for myself and hubby is working on his and we will get them signed off and witnessed and uploaded over the weekend. Hopefully by the time the AFP check comes back and we upload it they will grant us both 820 and 801. Fingers crossed. x :)

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
23 months��, that's ridiculous. I'm from Pakistan too and got 820 in 12 months. Hope you will get PR(801) now, just Keep uploading more evidence.
Best of luck !!
I know Auspak. Did you submit your application online and onshore?
What was your time line if you do not mind me asking?
Fingers crossed we get the 820 soon as we received an email after me emailing a complaint a few days ago asking for hubby's AFP check.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Lisa, I agree with LadyRogueRayne. You have exceeded the global processing time and that is ludicrious. I emailed a complaint two days ago and got a reply today requesting my hubby ( applicant ) to submit the AFP check so I am being heard which was a relief. I applied online for it this afternoon.
I suggest you emailing complaints and just express your concerns in a polite way that you have been waiting for for nearly 28 months and have not received the 820. Ask them if they can give you an update.
Here is the link: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-...nd-suggestions :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.