Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have been applying for a PMV 300 since 2nd July 2018 for my fiancee who was in Thailand back then but has been with me since 1st August on a visitor visa until 30 April 2019.
The PMV 300 is incomplete due to difficulties obtaining a police check for her 16 year old son. Now I am planning a trip to get this finished.
My fiancee is also due to have my baby in August :)
I am not sure we would get more approval for a visitor visa as we have told DHA she is pregnant.

However I spoke at length to a very helpful agent from DHA yesterday.
He suggested that as we now have an established relationship we could apply for a PV 820 rather than a PMV 300.
I think this means another $7160 application fee :(
But potentially this could be granted in time for the baby to be delivered in Australia.
Of course the pregnancy puts an additional deadline on this as travel after May will be difficult.

Should we just continue with the PMV 300 or switch to a PV 820?
Would a migration agent be able to give genuine advice as to the likely outcome and timeline?
or is it like so many processes in the immigration minefield - dependent on the CO's discretion?

Must be an important question as this is post 100 for me!! :) :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Paul. My questions were obviously leading this way.
RMA sounds like the plan.

Will all the same documents be required for a PV 820 as for a PMV 300?
My biggest question is I need to book tickets to Bangkok ASAP if the Police Check will still be required for the son due to the problems managing this process from Australia.
I cannot see why they would not be but just wanted to confirm you would expect they would as they have made such a fuss about it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.