Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have lodged my Partner Visa Application today and I was expecting a part on the Sponsor after I lodged (I read on one of the posts on this forum that after you lodge and pay the Sponsor needs to fill a bunch of questions on the relationship, like I had to do in the 27 pages before lodging, all this online), but once I lodged I didn't find anything like this. Only documents to attach for myself and the sponsor, like the 40SP Form for the Sponsor.

Could you please confirm to me that my husband doesn't need to create an ImmiAccount and fill documents I am unaware of?
And he didn't have to have his Sponsor status approved by immigration prior to my lodging? (just saw new Migration AMendment but I don't think it's in place just yet).

Thank you so sooo much in advance for your enlightments!

Have a gorgeous day,

Julie

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
He can create his own immi account or just do it from yours.

Create new app -> Family -> Sponsorship for partner visa

You would have actually seen this when you created your own app as it was one of the three options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your answers, I found it and am starting it ASAP!

But it won't be a problem for my application to do that after I have lodged? (i have lodged this morning)

Thank you again

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

But it won't be a problem for my application to do that after I have lodged? (i have lodged this morning)

Thank you again
At the moment, it can only be done after the applicant has paid for and lodged their application. So you're fine as you're doing it correctly.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Thank you again
Not that I have seen. I also lodged mine first. Updated all the docs n stuff within the week. And had him also fill out his form on the same account, that way it was easier for either of us to see progress throughout. I think the new law has not been implemented yet? Please confirm. He did have to provide federal police clearance so read up on the role of the sponsor so that you can have more info. However mine's offshore, so there might be a difference? All the best!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi julie. Can you give me an advice on how you lodge your partner visa?
I'm on tourist visa and planning to apply also a partner visa... when I click the family visa... it has 3 things to click there... the 1st one is the sponsosrhip for a partner to migrate in australia, the second one is stage 1 partner or prospective visa... and then 3rd was stage 2 which is permanent visa assessment... which one will I apply here... is it the sponsorship or the stage 1?.. pls help. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi julie. Can you give me an advice on how you lodge your partner visa?
I'm on tourist visa and planning to apply also a partner visa... when I click the family visa... it has 3 things to click there... the 1st one is the sponsosrhip for a partner to migrate in australia, the second one is stage 1 partner or prospective visa... and then 3rd was stage 2 which is permanent visa assessment... which one will I apply here... is it the sponsorship or the stage 1?.. pls help. Thank you.
Hi there!
So, first you need to apply for the stage 1, and then your partner needs to do the "Sponsorship for a partner to migrate".
Good luck! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you Julie! Anyway, what is the TRN that I'm going to use in the Sponsorship to migrate,.. is it the one that I used from my Stage 1? Did u get your bridging visa right after you submit? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.