Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope its ok to post different questions (for the same visa application) in separate threads, as I found that in some cases some aspects of the questions never get a mention. So.....

My wife is applying for the Onshore partner Visa (820) while currently on an eVisitor (651). What should the 'Current Residential Address' in the 820 application be?
- Australia (because that's where she's currently spending time when not flying out every three months)
OR
- the previous foreign address (because technically she is not a resident of Australia yet, just a tourist). Some of the correspondence evidence we want to submit is letters joint-addressed to our Australian address so would that make a difference in the choice?

Related to this is a question about whether the departure every three months (as required by eVisa) be considered as time living separately. I see three options:
(1) Time living apart is from when we arrived in Australia. The efforts to stay in touch are her tourist visits to Australia (under eVisitor) and Viber chats every three months.
(2) Time living apart is just the 3-5 day trips overseas every three months.
(3) 5 days apart is not living apart.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
My wife is applying for the Onshore partner Visa (820) while currently on an eVisitor (651). What should the 'Current Residential Address' in the 820 application be?
- Australia (because that's where she's currently spending time when not flying out every three months)
OR
- the previous foreign address (because technically she is not a resident of Australia yet, just a tourist). Some of the correspondence evidence we want to submit is letters joint-addressed to our Australian address so would that make a difference in the choice?
We used my Australian address for this on her application. That was where she was currently residing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi all,

I hope its ok to post different questions (for the same visa application) in separate threads, as I found that in some cases some aspects of the questions never get a mention. So.....

OR

Related to this is a question about whether the departure every three months (as required by eVisa) be considered as time living separately. I see three options:
(1) Time living apart is from when we arrived in Australia. The efforts to stay in touch are her tourist visits to Australia (under eVisitor) and Viber chats every three months.
(2) Time living apart is just the 3-5 day trips overseas every three months.
(3) 5 days apart is not living apart.
Any thoughts?
We put our Australian address, as that was where we were "currently residing" at the time.

As for time living apart, they are talking about being apart for an extended period of time, I'd say longer than 2 weeks. If you've only been apart 3-5 days each time since you got together, then no, I wouldn't say that's time apart. However, you can include chats if you want, as it is evidence. We only had one time when we were apart for 3 days. We didn't include chat logs for that time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing...
I found some other forum posts where my question is perhaps posted in a better way, using the language of the online form:
"Usual country of residence"

It sounds like both ways has been accepted (see AustraliaForum thread at 103874-what-my-usual-country-residence.html)

Because the current visa is the eVisitor, I'll probably go with the option where usual residence is non-Australian and then change it to Australian once the bridging visa is in place.

--
It does however bring up a question for the later section 23/27, where is asks for start/end dates of "Countries lived in". Should the end-date for living in my wife's non-Australian country be the last time she was on the ground there, or is it the date of paying for and submitting the 820 visa?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.