Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to the forum, can someone advise me what social aspect of relationshio evidences should i provide, i dont have much apart from pic with friends and family.
Hope someone can share ther experience
Thx

·
Registered
814 Posts
Use the document checklist from DHA website as a starting point and think creatively. Are you members of the same library? Joint FlyBuys account? Do you get emails addressed to both of you from mutual friends? Do friends tag you both in FB photos (take screenshots), are you listed on each other's tax returns as partners/spouses? etc, etc.

documents that show your relationship is known by others, for example:
-joint invitations, going out together, friends and acquaintances in common
-proof that you and your partner have declared your relationship to government bodies, commercial or public institutions
-proof of joint sporting, cultural or social activities
-proof of joint travel.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...ner/Proof-that-your-relationship-genuine.aspx

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Pictures aren't much in the way of evidence by themselves. Try and back them up with hard evidence or at the very least, use photos that were not taken by yourselves.
Some examples we used: We go on trips often with friends (so flights, event tickets for the group, hotel/AirBnB, etc), out to dinner with friends often (photos that they share on their social media of us all together), joint invitations to weddings/parties/etc, we played social sports in our town so there are photos of us with our team on that website playing various sports, we volunteer together so can show membership with those organizations, we help out with our kid's sports and extra curricular activities as well as volunteering together for school events, etc. We're listed as emergency contacts for each other for work and other things, as well as at the school (including my in-laws on the authorized pick up list).

The sky is the limit. Do those around you know about your relationship? Do you go out in public? If yes, then think of how you could prove this. Tickets to events, photos of you together on social media or websites that you have no control over, proof that you both hang out together with other people, and so on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures aren't much in the way of evidence by themselves. Try and back them up with hard evidence or at the very least, use photos that were not taken by yourselves.
Some examples we used: We go on trips often with friends (so flights, event tickets for the group, hotel/AirBnB, etc), out to dinner with friends often (photos that they share on their social media of us all together), joint invitations to weddings/parties/etc, we played social sports in our town so there are photos of us with our team on that website playing various sports, we volunteer together so can show membership with those organizations, we help out with our kid's sports and extra curricular activities as well as volunteering together for school events, etc. We're listed as emergency contacts for each other for work and other things, as well as at the school (including my in-laws on the authorized pick up list).

The sky is the limit. Do those around you know about your relationship? Do you go out in public? If yes, then think of how you could prove this. Tickets to events, photos of you together on social media or websites that you have no control over, proof that you both hang out together with other people, and so on.
Hi skyblue
Our pic is with friends when we went to roadtrip and dinner outing, and family
We have taken a few interstate trip, i can provide flight iteniary,
we also have mention ourself next to kin at work portal
Probably a few tickets in both our names attending to some local events.
We are not really social media person so cant provide social media evidence.

Do you think i can rely on these or i need to look for more specific

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.