Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. So as i was looking for proofs i found out that we dont have photos of my partner and i together with my family while he was in the PH. Is it really necessary to have one?, or a Statutory declaration and a screenshot of me and him talking to my family while i was here is okay to put as evidence that my family is approved and have knowledge about us?

Thanks xx

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hi everyone. So as i was looking for proofs i found out that we dont have photos of my partner and i together with my family while he was in the PH. Is it really necessary to have one?, or a Statutory declaration and a screenshot of me and him talking to my family while i was here is okay to put as evidence that my family is approved and have knowledge about us?

Thanks xx
We submitted just one photo of the two of us with her family in the Philippines.
Parental approval is not actually normally needed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it is a very big deal for that :/. This is somehow stressful hehehe. Because mostly i've read that they put photos as well to prove that relationship is not forced or prohibited i think.

Can i ask if my partner is under centerlink are we allowed still to lodge application or it is low chance or approval because not financially stable?

Thanks so much xx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask in writing the Statutory declaration, are my friends/parents have to use the form or can just write it in a paper then they can sign it? and also, do they need to sign it in front of a witness that is accepted by Australian border? Thanks xx

·
Banned
252 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask in writing the Statutory declaration, are my friends/parents have to use the form or can just write it in a paper then they can sign it? and also, do they need to sign it in front of a witness that is accepted by Australian border? Thanks xx
Your witnesses must fill out a Form 888 which is available on the DIBP website. This must be certified/notarized. If they are Australian citizens, they must include a scanned copy of their passport, which also must be certified.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I thought it is a very big deal for that :/. This is somehow stressful hehehe. Because mostly i've read that they put photos as well to prove that relationship is not forced or prohibited i think.

Can i ask if my partner is under centerlink are we allowed still to lodge application or it is low chance or approval because not financially stable?

Thanks so much xx
We did a few photos of just the two of us, but only one with her parents, and one with my family.

Many sponsors are actually Centrelink recipients, but after you move in with him, his payments will be reduced to the partnered rate. This is something often not realised until later.

As long as he can afford the costs etc., they seem not bothered where the income comes from.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hi everyone,

Form 888 is needed for Australian supporting witnesses, but can also be used for non Australians.

For Non Australians the statement can be done on any paper, but must comply with this:
your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above (listed on form 888). This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement
We did two 888's, and a written statement from one person in the Philippines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.