Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, so after being very stressed with our agents, we have seperate from them. Quite upset and probably don’t have the funds to pay for another.

Anyone’s advice on doing it ourselves? Any advice is welcome please.

1. How many pictures and what kind? I was told that I needed more pics in social scenes?

2. How many form 888s do I need? Does it matter who they are from as long as they are residents or citizens?

3. What kind of message chats do I need to download as my partner and I were apart for awhile. I don’t want to put overly personal stuff like intimit stuff

4. Can anyone give advice on the relationship statement part and what sounds best

Thanks everyone for their support

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi, I have no answers to your questions but am following this thread because I intend to apply for one in the near future.

all the best for your application!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1. How many pictures and what kind? I was told that I needed more pics in social scenes?
That all depends, as each application (and relationship) is different. For us, we included a lot of photos throughout our application. For example, in social aspects of the relationship we included a photo for each event we attended together with whom we attended it with. A hockey game? A photo of us as well as our friends at the game, explaining who the other people were.

2. How many form 888s do I need? Does it matter who they are from as long as they are residents or citizens?
You need two from either an Australian citizen or PR who can attest to the true, genuine and ongoing nature of your relationship. My wife and I had two, one from her Mum and one from her brother. We then included a stat dec from her friend in Australia as well as a friend of ours in Canada.

3. What kind of message chats do I need to download as my partner and I were apart for awhile. I don't want to put overly personal stuff like intimit stuff
That depends on how long you were apart. Again, each case and application is different. Because my wife and I met online and built our relationship through Skype and instant messaging, we included relevant screen shots of conversations as well as Skype calls.

4. Can anyone give advice on the relationship statement part and what sounds best
The statement (from you and your partner) has to be the story of your relationship, from the beginning in your own words. Mine was 5 pages long and my wife's was about a page and a half.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts