Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner was deported from Aus in April 2017 after overstaying on a holiday visa. His 1 Yr ban is expired on all visa applications, we have lodged a permanent partner visa application end of January. We have been told by numerous solicitors that him overstaying shouldnt necessarily effect this application but may affect the character side of things.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and had a successful outcome?

I am nervous we haven't provided enough evidence of our relationship. We have a child together, I moved my two children over to Ireland so we could live as a family until his visa is approved. Shown bank statements of him sending me money when we've been apart etc.
We have a lease together, bank accounts. Plus are providing copies of Facebook messages showing constant contact during the times we've been apart.
Is that enough?

Any ideas on processing times at the London embassy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You could also attached photos, joint flight tickets, joint travel insurance.

Don't forget form 888 and statutory declaration.
Yep done all those. Screenshotted ouur fb posts photos etc. Showed flight tickets to and from Ireland visiting, registered our relationship in NSW some time ago. Photos from our sons christening etc.

We have around 6 888 forms from friends in Aus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi aimeerob90

hi, i guess i have similar case as yours but without the deportation.
recently i applied for partner visa 309. i had an Agent advice before i left Australia they said you need to provide all the evidence as much as you can they said the stat dec from people that may know your relationship is genuine is very important. besides the utilities bills, flight tickets, living expenses, etc.

as long as you provide your relationship evidence and keep update your relationship going should be fine.

i always update our chat history to my partner, every month so they may know our relationship is genuine

maybe this might help you :) dont be nervous. keep positive and patience :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!! I'm currently going through 1500 pages of fb msgs between my partner and I, once that is done I'll upload the recent ones too. We are trying to provide as much evidence as we can!
The wait is horrible lol its only been 2 months since we submitted and it feels like a lifetime already

·
Registered
93 Posts
From what I heard it’s more likely they overlook character issues if there are children involved unless it’s really serious or violent issues. I would make sure you both have a long statement of relationship history and future plans which would include why you want to live in Australia instead of Ireland. Also nobody mentioned yet but you could do official wills and make your partner a beneficiary of your superannuation and life insurance if you have it. Ask your super company how to make him beneficiary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.