Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have read through some posts and still trying to figure the best way.

First question is is there any age constraint getting a Partner Visa then PR ? We are both in our 60s. I am widowed. My partner is divorced.

Apologies as I am sure this has been asked many times and I am searching through old threads as best I can. I am trying to find the best way for me to get the visa. The simplest way. If we register our relationship, is that the simplest way?

Then apply for Partner visa 820 ?

I currently have a Tourist Visa so am I able to apply Onshore, or would it be better to go back to "home" country and apply there? We have been together for about 18 months though not sure I should declare this since I am on a tourist visa - though I have been tourist also and visiting friends and relatives - but don't know how Immi would view this. I travel to Australia sometimes. He travels to my country sometimes. And in between have holidays. We have very little time apart now - just a week here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just noticed my profile says From UK which I am, but I don't live there and never visit there. Just UK citizen non resident.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There is no age limit.

If you meet the relationship and other requirements for a sc.820 visa and you’re in a position to apply onshore, then that is most likely your best option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks.

When you say "In a position to apply onshore " are you referring to my Tourist Visa status ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.