Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been in Australia for about 3 years on a skilled migrant visa, separated from my wife for about 15 months and getting a divorce in April.

I have a boy and a girl with shared parenting, they come every second week.

I want to marry my first cousin who lives in Jordan and bring her over on a partner visa.

Due to medical health, I cannot stay on a flight for a long time, and I don't prefer to, so I thought of bring her over to Malaysia and do the marriage contract there (I am from the muslim faith)

Planning to do this in June, and meet her again in Dec and every 6 months until I get her on a visa.

Would anyone tell me if there is any issue of marrying a first cousin (the daughter of the mother's brother) and if there is any high risk of not getting a visa for her.

I am 45 years of age and she is 30 years of age

I hope I can get some guidance here

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I have seem first cousins being approved Partner Visas before, so that is not an issue unless things have changed in last around 4 years.

I do see a mayor issue in proving your relationship as just being married accounts for about nothing in proving the relationship is genuine and ongoing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seem first cousins being approved Partner Visas before, so that is not an issue unless things have changed in last around 4 years.

I do see a mayor issue in proving your relationship as just being married accounts for about nothing in proving the relationship is genuine and ongoing.
Marrying first cousin is Legal in Australia, however, a migration agent had told me it is causing a problem, I am confused on this.

In regards to being a genuine relationship, we've been knowing each other for a long time, I have visited them in their country (I am not from the same country as my cousin) many many times - a passport is full of Jordan stamps.

I have got family photos with her, and other family members, however not much of those, and planning to document our Malaysia trip(s) as well as our future electronic communication.

My relationship with her is a genuine, authentic and true. We want to stay with each other, and we want this to work.

If a provisional visa is easier I don't mind to go that route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has your agent advised you of the 4 categories of evidence you require for a Partner Visa application?
I looked it up online and I believe that can be provided.

However, I am not sure whether us marrying in Malaysia has any negative impact on the application, her being from Jordan and not marrying in her country?

I am not in a hurry to bring her over, however, my medical condition my require to speed it up (I have heart problems, triple bypass, two stents, physically unfit - disc in the neck, frozen shoulders, and other complications).

I might need to speed it up to have someone to accompany me in my life and she is the best fit as we knew each other since she was a child

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Being honest and not misleading is the best way to an approved visa.

I have friends, they don't let me walk in mine fields.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.