Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to apply for partner visa but I am not sure which option is the best for my partner and myself as half of our relationship has been long distance. We have been together for more than 4 years now.

We met in September 2013 when I was on WH visa. We started dating in November 2013 and moved in together shortly after, we lived together until June 2014 but haven't got much paperwork to prove that (bills or joint lease..), as we lived in his family farm or in his family home in the city. I only have some payslips from work with his address on them and bank statements with some transactions between us. We went on holidays and have pictures/itineraries about them.

He came to Estonia and met my friends and family in July-August 2014.

In September 2014 I started university in England. Since then we have been in a committed long distance relationship. I visited him in Australia for 5 times, about a month each time, and he has visited me in Europe for 3 times also for about a month each time. He has paid for most of my flights to Aus and I have paid for one of his. We have pictures and booking information from trips taken together. All this time in separation we have been in touch basically every day. Is that enough proof that we were in a genuine relationship during the time apart?

In January 2017 I moved to Aus again on 2nd WH visa for 7 months but still don't have much paper evidence about that, apart from bank statements and payslips which have his address on and a few transactions on our bank statements between us.

Now I am about to graduate from uni and would like to move to Australia to be together with him but I have realised I should have thought about gathering information about partner visa earlier.. Me moving there has always been our plan but I did not realise how much work and information is actually needed to prove the relationship.

So my main worry is to prove that we are in de facto relationship. Does the fact that he has paid for my flights to Aus and sometimes supported me financially while I have been at uni enough financial evidence to apply for partner visa?

I hope what I have written makes sense and someone can advise how to go about it and which type of visa wold be the best to apply for.

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
From the situation you have described, unfortunately it does not seem you would have the evidence for a de-facto visa. You could be setting up yourself for a refusal and be $7000 lighter.

I would highly recommend looking into the PMV 300 visa. This generally requires less evidence than the 309/820, and is more aimed at people in long distance relationships such as yourself.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Actually, I'm not sure you wouldn't have enough evidence for a de facto visa. It very well might be worth collecting your evidence, putting together a list of what you have, and having a consult with one of the registered migration agents who give their time here on this forum. It'll set you back a few hundred dollars for that, but they can tell you whether you qualify for de facto or if you'd be better off with a prospective marriage visa instead. It would save you money and time in the long run.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
"I only have some payslips from work with his address on them"

In your employment did you list your partner as an emergency contract? Who did you list as your superannuation beneficiary?

With a good bit of digging to find evidence my opinion is that de facto could be an option.

"Me moving there has always been our plan" is this documented greater than a year ago?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just re-read the OP post and missed that you had spent 7 months in Oz living together. After re-reading, I agree with the other posters - yes de-facto may be possible. But as mentioned a consultation with an RMA is a very good idea to assess your options and choose which path to take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.