Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with visa processing times in Madrid for the partner visa. I am currently in Spain with my partner and looking to apply for a visa for him. At this stage I am unsure if it is better to do this onshore in Australia or offshore in Madrid. We would like to be able to move by the end of the year if at all possible, so a little concerned about processing times! thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took just under 5 months for ours. My partner is Portuguese. Applied offshore. 28 Dec 2012 visa granted 7 May 2013. Letter originally stated 7-9months. Our application was lodged through the mail, Case Officer assigned early March, medicals requested two weeks after. Found Carlos at the Embassy to be quite professional, and responsive but we really left them alone to do the work and very careful preparation of our application following the booklet on the DIAC website.

Apparently the processing times offshore are shorter than ones onshore. Keep in mind if your partner comes here on a tourist visa, he won't be able to work while on a bridging visa should you apply here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My experience was exactly as what aussieportuguese described. Carlos was indeed professional and responsive.
Onshore waiting times are now 13 months therebouts from what I last read, we sent off our papers for our offshore visa on the 24/01/13. The Madrid embassy have the lodgment date as 04/02/13, health and criminal checks were requested 3 weeks later and our visa was granted on the 21/05/13 so only 4 months. We were the same we sent in everything that was requested in the checklist and the rest was up to the embassy to do their job, we were also told 7-9month at best July a response so we have been extremely fortunate here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.