Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just about completed the online application for a partner visa and have provided brief answers to each of the following sections of the online form.

Give details of the financial aspects of the relationship.

Give details of the nature of the household.

Give details of the social aspects of the relationship.

Give details of the nature of the commitment the applicant and the sponsor have to each other.

Give details of the development of the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor.

I think it is necessary that i upload a statement or statements that expand upon my responses in each of these statements.

My question is, would it be best in the form of a big Statement that addresses all of these questions together or in individual statements and does it need to be in the form of an Affidavit with a witness signature?

Also, how long should each response be? The online form only allows 2000 words and this to me does not seem sufficient by itself.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Also, how long should each response be? The online form only allows 2000 words and this to me does not seem sufficient by itself.
Immigration seem to think that 2,000 words are sufficient.

I did it on the online form, within 2,000 words.

But if you wish to upload, you should do separate statements, but then put it all in one PDF file, under 5mb.

It would not need a witness.

Reactions: Heisenberg61

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Hi, I am doing the same right now. It seems to be the initial stage, keep it within the 2000 characters, there will be a lot more to write later on. Good luck.
You should upload everything you need at the initial stage, or during the first week or so.

If you leave things, and plan to upload them later, then you keep immigration waiting, and they may just hold your file at the end of the queue.

This may cause your application to be in the 25% group that exceed the 75% done in 'xx' months, or possibly rejected due to being incomplete.

I have heard of some people waiting for immigration to ask them for things, but not realising that immigration were just waiting for them to upload. They got to the 24 months waiting time, contacted immigration asking why it it taking so long, and found out they should have uploaded earlier, to get finalised earlier.

We did those bits, as complete as we could, within 2,000 words, and all within 7 days of the visa application lodgement.

I just checked the word count for our 820 Visa, for those 5 sections: 716 words total. I typed it up first in a txt file, then pasted it into the online application in the relevant sections.

For the 801 Visa it was 689 words.

Reactions: ahun

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should upload everything you need at the initial stage, or during the first week or so.

If you leave things, and plan to upload them later, then you keep immigration waiting, and they may just hold your file at the end of the queue.

This may cause your application to be in the 25% group that exceed the 75% done in 'xx' months, or possibly rejected due to being incomplete.

I have heard of some people waiting for immigration to ask them for things, but not realising that immigration were just waiting for them to upload. They got to the 24 months waiting time, contacted immigration asking why it it taking so long, and found out they should have uploaded earlier, to get finalised earlier.

We did those bits, as complete as we could, within 2,000 words, and all within 7 days of the visa application lodgement.

I just checked the word count for our 820 Visa, for those 5 sections: 716 words total. I typed it up first in a txt file, then pasted it into the online application in the relevant sections.

For the 801 Visa it was 689 words.
Thank you, sounds like an advice I am going to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.