Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im trying to gather all the documents i need but it seems its not enough??

what kind of documents did you prepare when you were applying?

at this stage i have
Both birth cert
Both passport
Reationship certificate
Letters under the same address
Our mobile bill
Birthday invitations addressed to us
Stat dec of 4 people. (My sis and auntie & his friend and brother)
Letter detailing our relationship my side
And another letter from my partner detailing his side of the story.
bank statements (joint)
A statement from his dad about me living with my partner and his family.
Travel photos
My AFP certificate

Anything that I could add to it?

im currently living with my partner’s fam thats why we don’t have any joint bills atm.

· Registered
206 Posts
Hi im trying to gather all the documents i need but it seems its not enough??

what kind of documents did you prepare when you were applying?

at this stage i have
Both birth cert
Both passport
Reationship certificate
Letters under the same address
Our mobile bill
Birthday invitations addressed to us
Stat dec of 4 people. (My sis and auntie & his friend and brother)
Letter detailing our relationship my side
And another letter from my partner detailing his side of the story.
bank statements (joint)
A statement from his dad about me living with my partner and his family.
Travel photos
My AFP certificate

Anything that I could add to it?

im currently living with my partner’s fam thats why we don’t have any joint bills atm.
We had wills done and made out to each other and I have life/funeral insurance with my partner as beneficiary, but it seems you have it covered fairly well.

· Registered
8 Posts
Depending on the state you're in you can register for a DeFacto relationship officially (it becomes certified in the eyes of the government) and this removes the 12 month defacto period requirement (if you need to do that).

The bank statements should show joint financial interests (purchasing things for both of you such as a tv, bills, savings for a deposit/bond etc). Any invitations, photos of social gatherings with your partners friends and family to show that you're integrating within those circles as well and being a part of each others lives.
Also in the statement from your partner detailing the relationship, this can be point form instead of a romance novel if you choose (plenty of examples online) and a way to get around the upload limit is to paste in the supporting evidence (photos, receipts from events/bookings etc). Also any social media if you have it showing interaction and pictures and comments is good apparently.
We also had in ours our chat app history and email history samples (just showing frequency of emails) when we were apart (my partner went through an agent who requested this).

The aim of the evidence is to show the relationship is genuine and ongoing so anything you can think of that shows that is well worthwhile including :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.